Need some Advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need some Advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tuccic » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:52 pm

TheNSFBB wrote:I totally disagree with the 1B for a RP move. You lose so much value there it's unbelievable. Think about it- Lidge, Nathan, Ryan, F Cordero. How many teams in a 12 team league can beat you in SV? The only thing that could possibly happen is that you go back and forth with one other guy and one ends up with 12 points and the other gets 11. Big deal-1 point.

I think your bigger need is OF. I know it's a very deep position. I'm not a fan of Lugo, Blalock, or Ol Perez/D Cabrera. But I think you should trade Konerko for an OF to replace Baldelli or Francouer. I think Matsui would be an ideal match. Maybe Carlos Lee. Berkman would be great too, but he covers 1B too so I don't know why someone would move to Konerko for him. Picking up 15R, 8HR, 15RBI, and .020 (even losing BB's/JF's 10-15 SB) will help you far more than another closer.

BTW, its a 12 team league
Tuch

www.thetuchman.com
tuccic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EugeneStyles » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:03 am

TheNSFBB wrote:I totally disagree with the 1B for a RP move. You lose so much value there it's unbelievable. Think about it- Lidge, Nathan, Ryan, F Cordero. How many teams in a 12 team league can beat you in SV? The only thing that could possibly happen is that you go back and forth with one other guy and one ends up with 12 points and the other gets 11. Big deal-1 point.

Then don't trade for saves. Trade for ratios. Really, the only reason you would trade for a reliever is because you don't want to *drop* anyone you have for a reliever off waivers. There's probably a good enough MR on waivers, really. If you could do a 2-for-1 deal (Konerko and Fielder for a stud 3B, OF, or SP), then you wouldn't have to drop anyone.

My point was basically that your team is good enough in all areas, but your pitching setup is non-optimal, so do something about it. If you can get a decent 2-for-1 trade, then do that.
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby tuccic » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:32 pm

EugeneStyles wrote:

Then don't trade for saves. Trade for ratios. Really, the only reason you would trade for a reliever is because you don't want to *drop* anyone you have for a reliever off waivers. There's probably a good enough MR on waivers, really. If you could do a 2-for-1 deal (Konerko and Fielder for a stud 3B, OF, or SP), then you wouldn't have to drop anyone.

My point was basically that your team is good enough in all areas, but your pitching setup is non-optimal, so do something about it. If you can get a decent 2-for-1 trade, then do that.

Point taken then, but yeah i see your point, the only thing im concerned about is wins though
Tuch

www.thetuchman.com
tuccic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby theilluminati » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:56 pm

I agree with many peeple above that you need to get rid of a 1B...prolly konerko...and trade him for another closer. Your hitting is solid without him.

I'd like ur take on my team...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=179993

Thanks,

TI
theilluminati
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team