Need some Advice - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need some Advice

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need some Advice

Postby tuccic » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:29 pm

This is a Yahoo Winners League team, any thoughts???

Batters H/AB R HR RBI SB AVG
C R. Hernández
(Bal - C)
1B A. Pujols
(StL - 1B)
2B C. Figgins
(LAA - 2B,3B,OF)
3B H. Blalock
(Tex - 3B)
SS J. Lugo
(TB - SS)
OF C. Beltrán
(NYM - OF)
OF J. Francoeur
(Atl - OF)
OF R. Baldelli
(TB - OF)
Util R. Howard
(Phi - 1B)
BN M. Loretta
(Bos - 2B)
BN P.Fielder
(MIL - 1B)
BN P. Konerko
(CWS - 1B)

Pitching IP W SV K ERA WHIP
SP J. Peavy
(SD - SP)
SP M. Buehrle
(CWS - SP)
RP B. Lidge
(Hou - RP)
RP B. Ryan
(Tor - RP)
P F. Cordero
(Tex - RP)
P J.Nathan
(Min - RP)
P S. Kazmir
(TB - SP)
BN Ol. Pérez
(Pit - SP)
BN D. Cabrera
(Bal - SP)

I think I am pretty sound, people made stupid moves be dropping Figgins and Nathan, but otherwise I thionk I have a good team, any 1 for 1 player deals with Konerko that you think I can trade that Will help my team?
Last edited by tuccic on Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuch

www.thetuchman.com
tuccic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EugeneStyles » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:53 pm

You could use another reliever, since those P spots are best filled with relievers unless you have 3 SP's starting that day. I would probably trade Konerko or Fielder for any decent closer, or even a top setup man like Scot Shields. You might not get full value for them, but you don't need 2 extra backup 1B's.
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby jz5178 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:40 pm

Your team is very nice. You have way to many 1B though. I would trade Konerko for a reliver like the other guy said, but you have 4 closers right now so its not a huge need.
jz5178
College Coach
College Coach

Postby calc27 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:01 pm

Get rid of one of those 1B, but it looks like your team is pretty solid.

need help:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=179317
calc27
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tuccic » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:03 pm

yeah but a reliever??? I have 4 closers so whats the need for a reliever?? I was thinking possibly another starter lol. The issue with me having too many 1B was just from picking up the best available players but yeah thats why im shopping konerko..... anyone i should trade him for specifically??
Tuch

www.thetuchman.com
tuccic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby idealFX » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:13 pm

dropping nathan and figgins.... yeah you're going to win it. i would try to trade fielder and howard for some depth at of, though. pitching is great though
"I dont know who the Royals will have in centerfield now that Estebean German took one in the mouth on a fly ball. Probably Kerry Robinson which means that the Royals start with one out every 3 innings."

-Perlick
idealFX
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tuccic » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:07 pm

idealFX wrote:dropping nathan and figgins.... yeah you're going to win it. i would try to trade fielder and howard for some depth at of, though. pitching is great though

yeah i know, im sort of frustrated though that it had to happen that way lol, but hey maybe i will make it to the top of the leaderboards lol....yeah im trying to get some outfielders and im going to trade Konerko and Fielder if possible, I like Howard too much
Tuch

www.thetuchman.com
tuccic
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby EugeneStyles » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:35 pm

tuccic wrote:yeah but a reliever??? I have 4 closers so whats the need for a reliever?? I was thinking possibly another starter lol. The issue with me having too many 1B was just from picking up the best available players but yeah thats why im shopping konerko..... anyone i should trade him for specifically??

Reliever is your biggest need right now. Sure, you have 4 closers, but in a 10 team league, there are probably at least 2 other guys with 4 closers. You don't *need* another closer, but you could definitely stand a guy like Scot Shields who will help your ratios more than any starter you're liable to be able to trade for, and will give you a good number of K's and W's compared to the number of innings he uses. He might even get a chance to close eventually.

The thing is, seeing that third generic P slot filled with a starter seems like a huge waste to me. Your starter only needs to take up a slot once per week, and if you look to be approaching the IP limit, you're even better off sitting him against bad matchups. In yahoo leagues, it tends to be an advantage to have enough relievers for all of your RP and P slots. And those 2 extra 1B's aren't doing you much good on the bench.
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Lil Shanka » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:17 pm

As everyone seems to be saying, you have too many 1B. You did well to pick them up though if they were the best available players. Konerko and Howard are both good, but overrated. See about getting a good 3B, maybe Ensberg, for one of them so that you can sit Blalock in non-optimal circumstances. Or, to keep 1B but also have outfield option, go for Berkman. You really do need more outfield depth. Everything else looks like you are poised to win.
Please rate my team.
Lil Shanka
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TheNSFBB » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:28 pm

I totally disagree with the 1B for a RP move. You lose so much value there it's unbelievable. Think about it- Lidge, Nathan, Ryan, F Cordero. How many teams in a 12 team league can beat you in SV? The only thing that could possibly happen is that you go back and forth with one other guy and one ends up with 12 points and the other gets 11. Big deal-1 point.

I think your bigger need is OF. I know it's a very deep position. I'm not a fan of Lugo, Blalock, or Ol Perez/D Cabrera. But I think you should trade Konerko for an OF to replace Baldelli or Francouer. I think Matsui would be an ideal match. Maybe Carlos Lee. Berkman would be great too, but he covers 1B too so I don't know why someone would move to Konerko for him. Picking up 15R, 8HR, 15RBI, and .020 (even losing BB's/JF's 10-15 SB) will help you far more than another closer.
TheNSFBB
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team