Do you know your local sex offender? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Do you know your local sex offender?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:26 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
wrveres wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:I wouldn't make that statement either.

However, I have a few military guy friends and uh... well... they're pretty out there, sexually. You can always count on them to go absolutely insane at any bachelor party. :-D
so of course that correlates into child rape how?

It doesn't correlate in any way. That's why I said "I wouldn't make that statement". ;-)

I can see your point though. I just thought I'd make the statement that my army friends are the craziest and horniest guys I know. But I do not want to compare them in ANY WAY to child molesters. No way, no how.

ty
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:28 pm

wrveres wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:
wrveres wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:I wouldn't make that statement either.

However, I have a few military guy friends and uh... well... they're pretty out there, sexually. You can always count on them to go absolutely insane at any bachelor party. :-D
so of course that correlates into child rape how?

It doesn't correlate in any way. That's why I said "I wouldn't make that statement". ;-)

I can see your point though. I just thought I'd make the statement that my army friends are the craziest and horniest guys I know. But I do not want to compare them in ANY WAY to child molesters. No way, no how.

ty

Yeah, that works for me too. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:31 pm

Then what did you mean by
_Simulacrum_ wrote:It's not a joke... he's stating that military men are likely to be sex offenders.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby brewcrew4you » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:35 pm

I have a 1st degree Child Molester 0.08 miles from my apartment. scary.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:39 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Then what did you mean by
_Simulacrum_ wrote:It's not a joke... he's stating that military men are likely to be sex offenders.

I was explaining what I believe this guy meant by his comment-

dannyolbb wrote:I have 17 on my page, four of them child offenders. But that's no big surprise. I live next to a military base.

Which I think is obvious to anyone who's read the entire thread.

Man oh man, this is becoming a dangerous thread to post in. This will be my last post in it. Before I exit though, I'd like to state that-

I am not a child molester. I am disgusted by child molesters.

Some of my closest friends are army guys, and they are NOT child molesters.

I do not believe in any way that army guys are more likely to be sex offenders than anyone else.

And please don't quote me in ways that make it seem like I'm saying something I'm not.

Thank you, I'm out. :-°
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby dannyolbb » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:41 pm

The military comment comes from the fact that you're stuck overseas in Iraq for 2-3 years and when you come back you have live in a crappy town. You haven't seen women in years. There are dozens of strip clubs. You have to sit here for a month or two while you decompress. I think it drives some men to rape.

Also, yeah, I think there is a certain personality trait that military men have that is exacerbated by the training - the raised testosterone, the training, etc.

I didn't mean to cause a fuss. It's just something you know when you grow up with the army. There's a certain type of soldier with instincts that are brought out by the training. I just assumed everyone knew that about the soldiers.

I can't find absolute statistics, since they aren't often categorized as such, but

Veterans are more likely than others to be in prison for a violent offense but less likely to be serving a sentence for drugs.
At year-end 1997, sex offenders accounted for 1 in 3 prisoners held in military correctional facilities.

http://www.nchv.org/background.cfm

Of course, this is probably colored by the fact that the branch of the military I know is the Army:

Nearly 60% of incarcerated veterans had served in the Army.

You know... now that I look at this, there may be a way to tell if my gut instinct was justified.

Among adult males in 1998, there were 937 incarcerated veterans per 100,000 veteran residents.

Of course, this could be due to the fact that the military is mostly guys - and guys are much more likely to be sex offenders.

Was anyone else in the military or settled in a military town. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this idea that there's a certain... animalism that the training releases that has unintended side effects.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:06 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:

fair enough.

Regarding danny's post, no where in your quotes does it state anything about child molestation, only sex offenders, which, I would contend, are not mostly made up of child sex offenders. Not to downplay the seriousness and disturbed nature of adult rapists, but child molesters/rapists are the most disgusting people on the face of the earth and to stereotype soldiers as this is terrible.

I mean, they get accused of being baby-killers, now they're being accused of being baby-molesters? :-t
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dannyolbb » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:11 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:

fair enough.

Regarding danny's post, no where in your quotes does it state anything about child molestation, only sex offenders, which, I would contend, are not mostly made up of child sex offenders. Not to downplay the seriousness and disturbed nature of adult rapists, but child molesters/rapists are the most disgusting people on the face of the earth and to stereotype soldiers as this is terrible.

I mean, they get accused of being baby-killers, now they're being accused of being baby-molesters? :-t

Oh, absolutely. I didn't mean to imply that we had a lot of child molesters b/c I was near a military base. Only that we have a lot of sex offenders. Maybe that's why everyone jumped down my throat. That'll teach me to post when I'm exhausted.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:35 pm

There was only 3 in my area, and I know all 3 of them from shopping in the store. Guess I will have to keep my eyes definitely more alert on Saturday mornings when my little girl goes to work with me sometimes.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:21 pm

ummm... 436 offenders found in my neighborhood.

Hmmm... not good.

Luckily I don't have kids yet. :-°
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk