2006 Fantasy Forum Challenge - my team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

2006 Fantasy Forum Challenge - my team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2006 Fantasy Forum Challenge - my team

Postby EugeneStyles » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:58 am

5x5 league, 20 teams, 27 roster spots, very competitive. I will be trading a reliever for a SS, most likely. Considering Todd Jones for Edgar Renteria. Let me know of any advice.

C M. Piazza (SD - C)
1B J. Giambi (NYY - 1B)
2B C. Figgins (LAA - 2B,3B,OF)
3B M. Ensberg (Hou - 3B)
SS J. Bartlett (Min - SS)
CI L. Overbay (Tor - 1B)
MI B. Roberts (Bal - 2B)
OF G. Sheffield (NYY - OF)
OF J. Hermida (Fla - OF)
OF R. Ibañez (Sea - OF)
OF C. Blake (Cle - 3B,OF)
Util C. Burke (Hou - 2B,OF)
Util H. Luna (StL - 2B,OF)

SP J. Papelbon (Bos - SP,RP)
SP H. Carrasco (LAA - SP,RP)
SP J. Washburn (Sea - SP)
RP J. Valverde (Ari - RP)
RP T. Jones (Det - RP)
P C. Orvella (TB - RP)
P J. Devine (Atl - RP)
P D. Wheeler (Hou - RP)
BN E. Bedard (Bal - SP)
BN J. Sosa (Atl - SP,RP)
BN B. Arroyo (Cin - SP)
BN A. Reyes (StL - P)
BN S. Trachsel (NYM - SP)
BN A. Otsuka (Tex - RP)

this was the draft: http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=179226
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:06 am

The offense looks good. The SP scares the bejesus out of me. 3 closers and a maybe closer in a 20 team league is a big assest. Maybe I'm wrong but I have to think there is a team out there more desperate for closer that would give you more than Renteria for Jones. If not I'd build a lead in saves and deal later.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 455)

Postby sublime8414 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Unless you think renteria returns to his numbers a few years ago, I would not make that deal. or maybe i would if he includes a solid MR, especially one with a chance to inherit a job.

Hitting looks really good. I wouldn't be too concerned with trading for an SS, bartlett has some upside. I don't know if any of these guys are available, but russ adams, ronnie cedeno, should , or pick up bj upton and stash him. I might even consider playing a part-time player, who will just put up a good avg, like nunez, or betimet. I might also consider taking a flyer on someone like xavier nady who hasn't all but won the mets RF job, and should put up decent numbers for a util. Sorry if most of these guys are taken.

I like your cheaply compiled pitching staff. keep on eye on brian bannister if he wins the mets starting job, he should be good. if you haven't noticed i'm a big mets fan...haha. Hope this helped at all.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=179243
sublime8414
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby EugeneStyles » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:27 pm

sublime8414 wrote:Hitting looks really good. I wouldn't be too concerned with trading for an SS, bartlett has some upside. I don't know if any of these guys are available, but russ adams, ronnie cedeno, should , or pick up bj upton and stash him. I might even consider playing a part-time player, who will just put up a good avg, like nunez, or betimet. I might also consider taking a flyer on someone like xavier nady who hasn't all but won the mets RF job, and should put up decent numbers for a util. Sorry if most of these guys are taken.

They're actually all taken. The top 3 guys available on waivers (according to yahoo rankings) are Tony Womack, Julio Franco, and Damon Hollins. I'm waiting for Eric Reed and Brandon Wood to be available (they haven't been added yet), and will probably grab one of the two with my top waiver priority (can anyone else think of anyone better that isn't available yet?).

Cedeno is one of the reasons that I ended up with such a crappy shortstop, otherwise I would have grabbed Khalil Greene or Angel Berroa while they were available, but I figured I missed all the top SS's, and there are still like 5 serviceable guys left, I can ignore it a little longer... and then they all got snapped up to fill MI slots.

Thanks for the tip on Brian Banister, I'll keep my eye on him.
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team