Need some advice from you experts--how'd i do? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need some advice from you experts--how'd i do?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need some advice from you experts--how'd i do?

Postby spyder2323 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:44 am

Okay, 8 team AL ONLY league. Draft is done by silent auction($300) budget. Any keepers from last year are 1.5 times the value the following year, thus we can keep as many guys as we like, but obviously you dont wanna have too much $ tied up.

Okay here is my team. Please be honest and let me know where I can improve. I'm kinda new at Fantasy baseball. Remember, its AL only.

c-Javy Lopez
1b-Dan Johnson
2b-Robinson Cano
ss-Jhonny Peralta
3b-A Rod
of-Hideki Matsui
of-Johnny Damon
of-Alex Rios
util-Casey Kotchman(yes i know, this is weak)

Bench-Delmon Young(i thought he would start in the majors, but nope, i got crappy Rios :( )
Bench-Andy Marte (got him and DY very cheap, so I'll have them next year as well)
Bench-Jeremy Reed

sp-Roy Halladay
sp-Rich Harden
sp-Scott Kazmir
sp-Shawn Chacon
sp-Chien Ming Wang
rp-Chris Ray
p-Scott Baker

Bench-Justin Verlander
Bench-Jonathan Papelbon
Bench-Craig Hansen

My opinion: Steals are lacking, but the big base stealers are taken and they are cheap so other owners are not really dealing them obviously. My Utility spot is a mess. I think I can tread water until Delmo comes up and my OF will be set. I am trying to get Sizemore but the guy wants too much for him(ie Kazmir and Peralta who I have for $2 each, and they arent going anywhere).

so how do i look? what do i need? BTW..All my pitchers I should have next year if i wanted to, except Halladay. He will be too much.

One more thing...lol...buy in was for $75 so this is a money league. Nice payouts and I obviously want to win. so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
spyder2323 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spyder2323 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:23 pm

Anyone?

Just any feedback would help.
What do I need? Who is expendable?
spyder2323 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Harry Balsagna » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:39 pm

I think your bench is a little questionable. Some of those guys will start in the minors, no?

As a keeper team you have a lot of young guys with huge upsides so i think your future looks brighter than your present. JMO

Also, it looks like you are Yankee heavy. That will hurt you when they come across some good pitching.
Harry Balsagna
T-Ball Trainer

Postby MrDaveyHavoc » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:41 pm

definitely looks like a great future. you have a lot of solid prospects, and you should have a lot of money to spend in the future if you locked them up cheap. i agree with the previous poster, the future looks brighter.

for now, you seem to be strong in deep positions and average in shallow ones. not much you can do about that being AL only. whats the talent look like on the WW?
MrDaveyHavoc
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby spyder2323 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:52 pm

Thanks guys for the feedback.

The WW is pretty thin to say the least. Delmon being sent down kinda hurt me, so I had to pick up Reed. I saw Carl Everett, Juan Rivera and Brian Anderson still out there but I am trying to make a trade for Granderson. I do like Juan Rivera though is an AL only league

I'm also first on the waiver priority list so any stud from the NL to AL trade will be mine(I passed on Pena), but I cant count on that. I definitely am not going to drop Marte or Young b/c I got them so cheap and we can basically keep guys for life if they pan out and are cheap(I got Marte for a $1) and I know they will be up this year sooner or later. Guys would jump on them in a second in this league.

Thanks again guys.
spyder2323 Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Crichton7 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:19 pm

In a silent auction league, you have to take some risks. Aside from your team being Yankee-heavy, I think you did a good job in this format. I'm not sold on Chris Ray or Scott Baker, but I'm thinking they could be good trade bait. I also think Kotchman has huge upside, so that's not a bad spot for him, either. Good job. :)
Crichton7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby xxgobosoxxx » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:27 pm

I agree with whats been said, very Yankee heavy, may consider Trading Damon high, not cause I'm a Sox fan, but he is already starting to have shoulder problems, and who knows what thats gonna be like.

Remember Damons OPS was lower the Edgar Renteria's from August 1 on last year, and didn't have a steal untill september durring that same period.

But I love your youth in your league's format. hang on to it

Good luck
Down 3, 8 straight.....The 2004 World Series Champions. The "Idiots". some gone, none forgotten.
xxgobosoxxx
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jzfran » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:36 pm

xxgobosoxxx wrote:I agree with whats been said, very Yankee heavy, may consider Trading Damon high, not cause I'm a Sox fan, but he is already starting to have shoulder problems, and who knows what thats gonna be like.

Remember Damons OPS was lower the Edgar Renteria's from August 1 on last year, and didn't have a steal untill september durring that same period.

I agree with this. Damon's numbers are only going down, and if you can get a deal, then you could become less Yankee heavy as well
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team