100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Keep off the grass

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby knapplc » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:50 pm

acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Ok so yea another reason I'm not a fan of guns

So it would be different if he stabbed him? Whatever tool the man used, the intention would be the same - outrageous behavior over trivial insult.

Well if he tried to stab him I'm sure a 15 year old could run away from a 66 year old man.

Anyways not to start a gun argument. I'm just not a fan. I've never even touched a gun so I'm not a fan.

Yeah, I don't want to get into it about guns because deep down inside I agree with you - there is very little need for most of us to have guns.

On the other hand, as a guy who grew up with BB guns and 22's, I really miss shooting the hell out of old coffee cans. That's good fun. ;-D

It's just too bad there are some people who can't refrain from shooting other people.

Losers.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:59 pm

knapplc wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:

So it would be different if he stabbed him? Whatever tool the man used, the intention would be the same - outrageous behavior over trivial insult.

Well if he tried to stab him I'm sure a 15 year old could run away from a 66 year old man.

Anyways not to start a gun argument. I'm just not a fan. I've never even touched a gun so I'm not a fan.

Yeah, I don't want to get into it about guns because deep down inside I agree with you - there is very little need for most of us to have guns.

On the other hand, as a guy who grew up with BB guns and 22's, I really miss shooting the hell out of old coffee cans. That's good fun. ;-D

It's just too bad there are some people who can't refrain from shooting other people.

Losers.

yea seriously
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:17 pm

There's a warm place in hell waiting for him. Maybe the best punishment should be similar to the greek legend of Sisyphus. Make the bastard tend to lawns for all eternity only to watch each lawn he tends turn brown and die.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion

Postby 3 run homer » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:24 pm

acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Losers.

yea seriously

I like guns. I like to shoot them I like having a couple around my home.
I dislike people who shoot people especially kids for some lame ass reason.

This guy should fry, it was obviously premeditated.
Man i feel immensely sorry for the kids family and friends. This is terrible.
Chaining him to his porch to watch his lawn rot is far to generous for this cold blooded murderer.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Those are the people that I always wonder about, the ones that are so obsessed with certain things that don't make to much sense.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:09 pm

I read this earlier in the paper. Pretty ridiculous reason to shoot a person. I mean, if he touched his care, it'd be a different story... ;-)

:-o just kidding :-o
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:39 am

Martin also told the dispatcher: "I've been harassed by him and his parents for five years.

Martin, 66, allegedly told police he had several times had problems with neighbors walking on his lawn.

Neighbors said Martin lived alone quietly, often sitting in front of his one-story home with its neat lawn, well-trimmed shrubbery and flag pole with U.S. and Navy flags flying.

Let's see, a 66 year old Navy veteran who's been harassed by the kid and the family for 5 years, shoots the kid for walking on his grass.....again. While that's going a bit far to say the least, I'm not going to sit here and say anything bad about the old guy. The kid knew better and/or the parents obviously didn't teach the kid an ounce of respect. Again, killing the kid was overboard, but we're not talking about a saint here either guys, so let's not hang the old man as the only one who did something wrong here. Yes, the old man was wrong to kill the kid, but the kid also repeatedly ignored and had zero respect for the old man, and his property. Both were in the wrong.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:15 am

Madison wrote:
Martin also told the dispatcher: "I've been harassed by him and his parents for five years.

Martin, 66, allegedly told police he had several times had problems with neighbors walking on his lawn.

Neighbors said Martin lived alone quietly, often sitting in front of his one-story home with its neat lawn, well-trimmed shrubbery and flag pole with U.S. and Navy flags flying.

Let's see, a 66 year old Navy veteran who's been harassed by the kid and the family for 5 years, shoots the kid for walking on his grass.....again. While that's going a bit far to say the least, I'm not going to sit here and say anything bad about the old guy. The kid knew better and/or the parents obviously didn't teach the kid an ounce of respect. Again, killing the kid was overboard, but we're not talking about a saint here either guys, so let's not hang the old man as the only one who did something wrong here. Yes, the old man was wrong to kill the kid, but the kid also repeatedly ignored and had zero respect for the old man, and his property. Both were in the wrong.

I noticed that too. The old man was definitely wrong for pulling the trigger, but the kid should have stayed off of his property as well. The old man should have invested in a paintball gun. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby 3 run homer » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:44 am

Madison wrote:

Dude, he killed a kid for walking on his grass. and the article never mentioned what type of harassment. What he may view as harassment others may view as normal behavior. Regardless, the kid is no longer breathing. The family lost a son. The wrong doing doing of the old man is in no way a comparison of any wrong doing of a 14 year old kid.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby knapplc » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:06 pm

3 run homer wrote:
Madison wrote:

Dude, he killed a kid for walking on his grass. and the article never mentioned what type of harassment. What he may view as harassment others may view as normal behavior. Regardless, the kid is no longer breathing. The family lost a son. The wrong doing doing of the old man is in no way a comparison of any wrong doing of a 14 year old kid.

Uh, HELLOOOOO!!! He was 15!!

j/k ;-) :-D

You old Mutant, you.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk