Jose Lima? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Lima?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jose Lima?

Postby BronxBomber9201 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:18 pm

Is it time to take a flyer on this guy...I am in a competitive 12 man league with a salary cap. He is only $1 (the cheapest you can get a player for) The waiver wire is so dry that Ron Villone got picked up this week....no Webbs, Santanas, Willis', Jerome Williams etc.

Best starters left:
Ben Sheets $15
Oliver Perez $14
Jeff Weaver $23
Jeriome Robertson $1
BronxBomber9201
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:28 pm

Yes

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jdh » Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:31 pm

His starts have generally come against pretty weak offenses (Cleveland twice, Detroit), although he did win against the Cards a few weeks back. He's also walking more than he strikes out which could be a recipe for disaster. He might be worth picking up and leaving on the bench until he pitches against a couple of strong offenses and proves that he won't get killed.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronxBomber9201 » Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:15 am

My pitching is solid and am adding him for depth and to shave salary. I have enough young up and comers ala Horacio Ramirez, Brandon Webb and Rich Harden on my staff so I figured that it was only 3 years ago he was a lower tier fantasy ace. It's just a flyer...with my luck and track record....he will get blown up his next outing and the next one after that and the .....etc. I picked him up and it put me $8 under the cap now and I have D Roberts $17 who will probably be my next cut which gives me $25 to spend...maybe Phil Nevin for $22. He is only about a month away but who knows how he will perform after his surgery.
BronxBomber9201
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:01 pm

Since Perez has returned from the minors, hes looked good. $14 to $1, might be a bit much, but to me, Perez has the most talent. Sheets is actually throwing well, 6 good starts in last 8. Sheets and Perez should be playing in a 12 teamer. Lima for a buck is worth the shot if you dont want to spend.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 291)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Return to Baseball Leftovers