Soriano refuses to move to LF - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Soriano refuses to move to LF

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby lefty31mazur » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:42 pm

mpoland92 wrote:the only problem with Soriano sitting out this year is that the Nationals will put him on the restricted (or something like that) list and this year wont count, he wont be paid and wont get credit for playing the season, so next season he will still be the Nationals "property".... so the only 2 decisions I see here are 1- Soriano suck it up thsi year and play the outfield (and hope Vidro gets hurt or plays poorly), or 2- sit out and see if he gets traded, other than that I dont see any hope for him, which sucks because I too have him in 2 of my leagues which will kill me because the guy is a 1-3 rd player depending on which type of league and such it is....

It is very hard to imagine the Nationals holding him hostage all season and then expect to run him out in LF next year...if he makes the disqualified list they won't have to pay him and they will be pretty happy about that. They won't be in a rush to take the first offer they can get either but they need offence now. Soriano loses money if he plays LF and he loses money if he sits out but it is worthwhile for him to force a trade. Hopefully this fued does not last long.

The Cardinals are another team I can imagine trading for him...and Pittsburg does not know what to do with Craig Wilson. Pitt and Tampa would make a good 3rd party to complete a deal.

I think that teams will be interested and the Nats would be foolish not to accept a deal.
lefty31mazur
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lefty31mazur » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:44 pm

ximan wrote:Soriano could go to the Cubs. They have the cash to add $10M and they could give up Todd Walker and a minor leaguer. The only problem I see is Soriano's defense, that might turn the Cubs off since they seem to prefer Hairston at 2nd rather than Walker.

If they do move Walker for Matos they might be making room for Soriano at 2B. They need everything they can get with Prior and Wood out.
lefty31mazur
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:12 am

I agree with lefty31mazur

money is money in all shapes and sizes. same goes for most businesses you work for. They could care less how good or bad your life is when they decide to lay you off. It's not like, "Well Soriano is running on hard times right now, maybe we shouldn't lay him off." NO! it is oh well who cares...he is running on hard times, not our problem. I do not blame him for not wanting to play. He is a 2B worthy of playing there. I do not care what his stats on D are. You make more money at 2B than OF. OF's are a dime a dozen. Most who play their positions aren't willing to move when they are young bc they know they still have it. Biggio moved bc he was getting older and wanted to make room for better players (kent). Some like the move, some dont. If anything, you bring in a new guy and ask the old guy to move. Astros did it. Young did it for Soriano. Arod didnt, but I think he wanted to move. Cal Ripken did it. so why not Vidro...I do not think he is that great anyways. Sorianos upside on hitting is much better than vidros on D.

my thoughts!
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby footballsimp » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:24 pm

I have an auction draft coming up this sunday. I am keeping a close eye on the situation right now but I am thinking i should throw sorianos name out there early and hope some idiots bid on him.....what do you think?
footballsimp
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonlight graham » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:41 pm

Soriano is going to play LF for the nats or not play at all. Soriano needs to suck it up and work on his fielding if he wants to have a future in this league.
On deck and still waiting..................................
moonlight graham
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:54 pm

He started for them in LF today at an exhibition game:

http://sports.excite.com/news/03222006/v5181.html

Is the story over? We'll see.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lefty31mazur » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:13 pm

I was anxious to see him play for a different team. I did not like the way the Nats were doing business regaurdless of his poor fielding.
lefty31mazur
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rentz » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:16 pm

hopefully he ends up with 2b and of eligibility in yahoo's fantasy baseball.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates