Keeper League needs a few more people - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Keeper League needs a few more people

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper League needs a few more people

Postby gregous613 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:29 pm

Ok guys desperate times call for desperate measures. I am not new to fantasy baseball nor do I need to boost my self esteem to you guys by telling you how good i am at it. No, thats not why i am here. Over the past 2 weeks i have been snubbed by at least 6 different people on people joining my league. I just came accross this message board and luckily found that it is very active. I wasn't sure what i would get in a chat room so i wanted to stick with something a little more concrete. The league's information is listed below, if you have any questions or you want in...email me at mailto:gregous613@yahoo.com or just post a reply. If you want references i can pratically give you the emails to the whole league! We were a 10 team redraft league until last year (we took a year off from fantasy baseball due to our schedules) and decided to make it a keeper league that was competitive...i wanted to expand it by making it 12 to 14 teams. Well, 2 members moved and can't be in the league since they are broke...that left me with 8, i have added 2 this passed week but am still 2 to 4 short. This is legit...and i feel this keeper system will be unsurpassed. Remember, email me or reply on this thread if you have any questions or you want in. Thanks...the info is enclosed below.
Thanks again,
Greg

Hardball Fantasy Baseball 2006

First Annual Dynasty League

Information

Date: Sunday March 26th, 2006.

Time: 7:00 PM Central Time

Type: Serpentine style draft (not an auction like years past)

Rounds: 34 (pending)

Teams: 12-14 (Pending)

Roster Eligibility

HITTERS:

2) Catchers

1) First Baseman

1) Second Baseman

1) Third Baseman

1) Shortstop

1) Corner Infielder

1) Middle Infielder

4) Outfielders

1) Utility (Consists of any offensive position)

1) Designated Hitter (First year we are including this position)

PITCHERS:

12) Starting, Relieving, or Closing. Use at your own discretion.

BENCH:

8) Players consisting of Offensive Positions and Pitchers.

INJURED/MINOR LEAGUERS:

A maximum of 5 minor leaguers and 5 injured players will be allowed per team at any point in the season. You are allowed to trade minor leaguers at both owners discretion.

Scoring:

5x5 Rotisserie consisting of 5 Offensive Categories (Batting Average, Home Runs, Runs Batted In, Runs Scored, and Steals), as well as 5 Pitching Categories (Wins, Earned Run Average, Strikeouts, W.H.I.P, and Saves).

Scoring periods are weekly and begin every Sunday.

Scoring System - Your teams combined statistics are compared to all other teams in your league. For example, in a twelve team league, the team with the most home runs is given twelve points, the team with the second most home runs eleven points, third receives ten points, and so on with the last place team getting one point. Every category is ranked in the same manner, and then these point totals from the individual categories are added together to determine the winning team.

Keepers:

Each team will be able to keep (protect) a maximum of three players from their roster heading into the following season. There are a few guidelines to follow as far as protecting players…

1) For each player that you keep drafted after round 3, you lose a draft pick the next year THREE ROUNDS HIGHER than each player's draft round the previous year (keeping a player drafted in the 7th round will cost a 4th round pick the next year, keeping him again will cost a 2nd round pick the next, and so on). NOTE: NO players drafted in rounds 1 - 3 are able to be protected.

2) Free Agent’s keeper status will go as follows:

PLAYER ACQUIRED: SUBSEQUENT KEEPER PICK CHARGED

Month Round

April: 30

May: 24

June: 18

July: 14

August: 10

September: 8

Off-Season: 6

*Once a player is drafted or kept, his draft round will not change. So if a player who was drafted in the 5th round got released and you picked him up in May, his keeper status would apply to the 5th round, not the corresponding month he was picked up in.

*Minor League players do not have keeper status until they are called up. (So if you picked up Player Z that is playing in Triple A ball in April and he is called up in the month of August, he is eligible to be kept as an 8th round pick instead of being a 30th. Furthermore, if a player is dropped back to the minors during the season and brought back up later in the season, that players keeper status for the following year reflects his final call-up date from the previous year. For example, if Player Z gets called up in May and plays on the White Sox until he is sent back down in August he loses he keeper status. But if he called up again in September he is now worth a 6th round pick…players may not be kept if they are demoted to minor league and do not finish the season in the majors.

*In the event that a team wishes to keep multiple players that may "cost" the same pick, the team may either trade for a pick to supplement the kept player, or give the pick one-round ahead of what the initial "cost" would be. (For example, if you have two 5th-rounders, keeping one will cost a third-rounder, and keeping the other will cost either a third-rounder that you acquire via trade or a second-rounder).

*Keeper announcements are due 7 days before each yearly draft. If they are not made, then it is assumed a team will not keep any players. All keeper announcements are final, and each team is allowed ONE keeper announcement. The final draft order will be announced BEFORE keeper lists are due.

The Draft:

36 Rounds (May seem a bit much but it will be quicker paced than the auctions we used to have).

Time Limits:

Rounds 1-3: 80 Seconds per pick

Rounds 4-18: 60 Seconds per pick

Rounds 19-36: 50 Seconds per pick

*If your allotted time expires, you can still get your pick, but the next team is allowed to take their pick as soon as they are ready (i.e. they can get in before you). This rule can be overridden by the commissioner (i.e. if someone gets booted offline during the draft).

*If a player you wish to pick is not available in the system, please NOTIFY THE COMMISSIONER. A substitute player will be selected in the draft and replaced later with the proper player.

*Draft picks and next year's draft picks MAY be traded at any time. Any picks that are traded can be used to select draft picks and to keep players. Teams may have multiple picks in any round, but cannot pick more than 36 players in a single draft.

*In the case that a team's roster will not be full due to picks traded away, they will have to pick from the remaining free agents after the draft to fill the roster. Once a team has all 36 roster slots filled, regardless of how many draft choices he has, he is done drafting and will surrender all of his remaining picks.

Expenses:

CBS League Fee: $125.00

Entry per person: $60.00 ($10 per person to cover web site costs and $50 per person going into the payout pool).

Payouts: (based on 12 teams)

1st: $300

2nd: $150

3rd: $100

4th: $50

All payouts will be made within 2 weeks after the regular season’s conclusion.

We are looking forward to another great year and many more to come!
gregous613
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

bump

Postby gregous613 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:22 pm

bump...
gregous613
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds