All Star Selections Chat!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All Star Selections Chat!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby quickfingerz » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:23 pm

:-P NO WILLIS? RUS ORTIZ!! :-t !

Worst All-Star choice I've seen in a while..

Frank Thomas ;-D and Jason Varitek ;-D are BOTH very deserving. Thomas may not get great fantasy numbers but he has great plate discipline and it shows in his 1.000+ OPS. Varitek is better than the Dodger offense combined.

I'll have to take Thomas.

Who the heck is Bengie Molina?
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pilambp » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:34 pm

The Selection of Lance Carter makes no sense to me.

The best person on Tampa Bay is Aubrey Huff. He deserves to go.

Maybe people want to see up and coming rookies? Fine, then send Rocco Baldelli. Both are more deserving than Carter, who will return to being a no-name in a few years.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby blankman » Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:58 pm

Eventhough Webb doesn't get the press, I think he was more deserving than Willis. If I'm not mistaken, he's pitched more games, all quality starts, and he has a lower era and a lower whip. too bad

Wow, GSes sounds like you're a Hudson owner. I bet you've also been burned by Foulke getting the wins. As a Foulke owner myself, I personally would rather have a better era and whip than the wins. I'm working on geting Hudson, but giving up Foulke in the deal. There go all my wins :-o
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Brokentusks9 » Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:06 pm

Heres why Lance Carter is the right DRay to go:

While I agree I would have picked Rocco or Huff over him -- who would you have bumped out of the AL Outfield for either of them? No one.

It's a lot easier to snub a reliever like Rivera and put someone on the roster like Carter.

Imagine if they would have left off Anderson for Baldelli -- everyone would be complaining a lot worse than they are now.

And in my opinion, they should just do away with the whole "Every team must be represented" deal -- If This AllStar Game is really "This Time It Counts!" I sure as hell dont want a Tiger/DRay/Padre et al playing for my teams chance to have homefield advantage.
Brokentusks9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers