All Star Selections Chat!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All Star Selections Chat!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

All Star Selections Chat!!!!!

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:57 pm

well, let's hear it. Let's talk about all the snubs and about the guys that just shouldn't be there. You can even complain about the voting system.

Well, here's a few of my thoughts............

Biggest Snubs
Dontrelle Willis- who doesn't want to see this wiz kid

Rocco Baldelli- Lance Carter representing the DRays, please

Mike Mussina- at the beginning of the year, who would have thought that he wouldn't even make the All Star team, nevermind not starting it

Pedro Martinez- alright, so he didn't have enough starts to get himself in there, but it's still weird not seeing him on the roster, I guess this year he doesn't get the opportunity to decline an invitation

Players that don't belong at the All Star game

MIKE WILLIAMS-by far the worst player from either squad, All-Star with 6.26 ERA as a closer with more walks than strikeouts, All-Star Mike Williams sounds like an oxymoron

Lance Carter- alright, he has at least been decent (more than what Williams can say), but clearly Rocco or Huff deserved to go before Carter

Ramon Hernandez - ok, maybe a little biased here, but I think Jason Varitek deserved the backup catcher role, I wouldn't have complained if Peirzinski got it either

alright, let's hear your thoughts

PS: I am RELIEVED that Sosa didn't make the team after all. Even those who love him must realize he is not ALL STAR material this year.
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GSes » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:01 pm

WHERE IS HUDSON............

Oh ya he has only won 6 games cuz he has 11 no deciosions, 4 of which Foulke has blown the save. Oh wait Foulke mad the team with his 6 wins. 4 of which wee Hudson's. And lets see I researched Hudson 21 er in 11 no decisoins. So he on avg has given up around 2 er per no deciosin..........Amazing and didnt make the all star team.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hayseed » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:05 pm

where is brandon webb in ur snubs section?
hayseed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:26 pm

GSes wrote:WHERE IS HUDSON............

Oh ya he has only won 6 games cuz he has 11 no deciosions, 4 of which Foulke has blown the save. Oh wait Foulke mad the team with his 6 wins. 4 of which wee Hudson's. And lets see I researched Hudson 21 er in 11 no decisoins. So he on avg has given up around 2 er per no deciosin..........Amazing and didnt make the all star team.

very good point, I almost think that he is more deserving than Zito

it's amazing looking at the NL starting pitchers

at the beginning of the year we were all expecting the starting pitching to look like........

Randy Johnson
Curt Schilling
Greg Maddux
Roy Oswalt
Matt Morris
Kerry Wood
Tom Glavine

*and the only one of those guys to get on was Kerry Wood
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

all stars

Postby fb gd » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:29 pm

as an a's fan, i was very mad and frustrated by these lineups. first of all, this whole varitek-posada debate just makes me sick to my stomach. while everyones talking about varitek and posada, theyre forgetting a.j. pierzynski. I dont know about the rest of you, but ive been happy with a.j. all year long, he should be on there. Ramon Hernandez has started to hit again and has been a bright spot for the A's offense but he doesnt compare to a.j., varitek, or posada. Varitek's and aj's numbers are very similar but when you look at bostons offense and minessota's, youve got to wonder how a.j.s getting all these rbis. So out with ramon, in with pierzynski or maybe even varitek. Its just me.

secondly, i dont like glaus being in there. Im not a big fan of blalock but i would even want him at third or even corey koskie whos been tearing it up.

another point. marcus giles. doesnt deserve to be there. Jose Vidro is so much better than marcus. and Vidro has done considerably well leading the expos this year. furcal is very good but renteria is much better.

Matsui=rookie who hasnt seen too many pitches. I PREDICT 2 KS.

PUJOLS IS GOD I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY THIS SINCE THE END OF THE LAST SEASON WHEN HE PROVED TO THE UNIVERSE HE IS NO BUST.

Im sorry these are just random notes. Im furious with DUSTY BAKER WHO PICKED SO MANY GIANTS AND CUBS AND PLAYERS WHO USED TO PLAY FOR THESE ABOVE BALL CLUBS.

DONTRELLE MAKES ME CRY. SUCH A CRAFTY PITCHER..........

Brian Giles isnt having his best year, but he deserves to be on that roster. He has lifted the Pirates unlike his fellow archer, Mike Williams (THANKS TWIB!!!!) with that 6 something ERA.

ive gotten into a lot of arguements with people about webb and dontrelle. They say webb is better and of course i say dontrelle. But webb has better numbers in some categories, which sickens me. Hes probably mad he didnt get on the DONTRELLE WAGON quick enough, eh fellas!!!!! ;-D

Webb is a very good pitcher though and he should at least be considered. THANKS BRDMAVERICK FOR THE CHANCE TO SPEAK MY MIND. I APPRECIATTE IT. GO MULDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fb gd

Friendliness: %

Postby tjhksig » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:46 pm

I'm a huge M's fan, but Hasegawa doesn't deserve to be on the roster. His spot could have easily gone to Mussina or someone more deserving. Definitely a Soscia move..
tjhksig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:49 pm

Giles may not be having a great power year but he's still drawing walks and getting on base. Look at his batting average too. I think it was .311 but I'm not sure since I'm pulling this off the top of my head. Anyways, this quote about Hudson from Foulke just tears up my heart. No, really :-o

``He's the definition of an All-Star. He comes out every game and dominates,'' Foulke said after the Athletics recovered from his blown save to beat the Anaheim Angels 6-5 on Sunday. ``Knowing I single-handedly kept (Hudson) off the All-Star team really hurts me. I had to apologize to him.''

Postby GSes » Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:10 am

Tim Hudson is one of the best in the game and the unluckiest. Shawn chacon 11 wins with an era of 4. Even Hudson's teamate Mulder has 11 wins and guess what Hudson's era is better.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:16 am

As a Sox fan I find it very amusing that there are no Yankee pitchers in the line up whatsoever. Even with that being said, I find it remarkably surprising. I mean, I see four guys that could possibly have been on the team (Mussina, Clemens, Wells, Rivera)

What's funny is that almost a week ago I heard people talking about having Clemens starting the game as a sentimental favorite. The problem is that he is not on the team. Go figure.

well, now let's look at the preseason AL favorites for the AL starting pitching..........

Pedro Martinez
Barry Zito
Mike Mussina
Tim Hudson
Roy Halladay
Bartolo Colon
Derek Lowe

*well we fared a little better in the AL department, getting two selections right with Zito and Halladay

Postby Nomar4prez » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:02 pm

It;s an emabarrassment that Jason Varitek is not starting. In fact, he's not even on the All-Star team. He is a better offensive and defensive catcher than Posada or Hernandez and his numbers reflect that.

Posada: 46runs-17hr-50rbi-.254
Hernandez:36runs-10hr-35rbi-.263
Varitek:41runs-15hr-50rbi-2sb-.300

Tell me the reasoning there.

I also am disapointed that Nomar is not the starting SS.

A-Rod:57runs-21hr-54rbi-7sb-.297
Nomar:73runs-13hr-57rbi-9sb-.333

Unbelievable. granted A-Rod is better defensivly, but Nomar deserves to be there.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers