2005 Baseball Road Trip, Part Two - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

2005 Baseball Road Trip, Part Two

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

2005 Baseball Road Trip, Part Two

Postby WebHamster » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:08 pm

This thread contains comments on Kevin Naughton's Article "2005 Baseball Road Trip, Part Two", which was posted in the Cafe's Point of View section on March 20, 2006. The full article can be read here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 582)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:44 pm

Just got done with this one.

Nice job again. ;-D ;-D
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby squawkya24 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:48 pm

Again, great work!! This really must have been a great experience. I might have to think about trying it in a few summers!! Looking forward to your opinions on Safeco!!
Dark Horse of 2007: Seattle Mariners
Go M's!!
squawkya24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:03 am

Skipping school:

Andy and I ditched our afternoon classes

Illegal left hand turn:

I decided to get in behind a bus and follow it through one of the intersections. At the very worst, I could at least say that I was following the bus too closely to notice the “Busses Only” sign.

Trespassing:

When we pulled up to the gate, it was closed and the sign on it said that no one was allowed to enter after 10 pm. We were too tired to care and so we opened it up and drove right in.

Theft:

Yes, we were supposed to pay, but at that point we were really too tired to care. If they really wanted their $5 we would give it to them

And posted for the whole world to see. :-D Lol. :-b

Nice read (and you know I read it :-D )! ;-D I look forward to the next episode of "Youths Gone Wild!", Lol. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby willy-t » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:48 am

Cool article, gehrig. I was anticipating this 2nd installment quite keenly, and it was really great. Love hearing all about the parks and also the anecdotal stuff about getting lost, seat hopping etc.

I dream about doing that kind of epic summer roadtrip, don't be too long with the 3rd installment. ;-D
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby luckygehrig » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:14 pm

Madison wrote:Skipping school:

Andy and I ditched our afternoon classes

Illegal left hand turn:

I decided to get in behind a bus and follow it through one of the intersections. At the very worst, I could at least say that I was following the bus too closely to notice the “Busses Only” sign.

Trespassing:

When we pulled up to the gate, it was closed and the sign on it said that no one was allowed to enter after 10 pm. We were too tired to care and so we opened it up and drove right in.

Theft:

Yes, we were supposed to pay, but at that point we were really too tired to care. If they really wanted their $5 we would give it to them

And posted for the whole world to see. :-D Lol. :-b

Nice read (and you know I read it :-D )! ;-D I look forward to the next episode of "Youths Gone Wild!", Lol. :-D

Well, when you put it that way. :-o
I'm glad you guys all liked it. I was kind of worried before posting these articles, but it's a lot easier with the positive reviews. Thanks. ;-D I'm already at work on the 3rd one so hopefully I'll have it done sometime soon.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby squawkya24 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Sweet. No problem on the positive reviews, I have fun reading the articles. Looking forward to installment # 3. ;-D
Dark Horse of 2007: Seattle Mariners
Go M's!!
squawkya24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:02 pm

luckygehrig wrote:Well, when you put it that way. :-o
I'm glad you guys all liked it. I was kind of worried before posting these articles, but it's a lot easier with the positive reviews. Thanks. ;-D I'm already at work on the 3rd one so hopefully I'll have it done sometime soon.

I'm just yanking your chain a bit. ;-)

Worried? Why? We're all baseball fans here, and like to hear first hand reviews of things (like the stadiums, the fans, your experiences with both, etc,). :-)

Been a fun series of articles so far, I look forward to the rest. ;-D

Really can't wait to hear what you think of The Ballpark In Arlington (yeah, yeah Ameriquest Field :-P ---The Ballpark In Arlington is a much cooler name B-) ).
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby luckygehrig » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:59 am

Madison wrote:
luckygehrig wrote:Well, when you put it that way. :-o

I'm just yanking your chain a bit. ;-)

Worried? Why? We're all baseball fans here, and like to hear first hand reviews of things (like the stadiums, the fans, your experiences with both, etc,). :-)

Been a fun series of articles so far, I look forward to the rest. ;-D

Really can't wait to hear what you think of The Ballpark In Arlington (yeah, yeah Ameriquest Field :-P ---The Ballpark In Arlington is a much cooler name B-) ).

Lol. I definitely agree that The Ballpark in Arlington is a much catchier name. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait a bit for that review. That was the last stadium I hit.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:03 am

luckygehrig wrote:Lol. I definitely agree that The Ballpark in Arlington is a much catchier name. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait a bit for that review. That was the last stadium I hit.

Last!?!?!? 8-o

Freaking last!?!?!?! 8-o

Why you little grumble grumble grumble.......

Um...what I mean is.....Nice to see you saved the best for last! ;-D ;-D

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Article Discussions