Second Base - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Second Base

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Second Base

Postby Coppermine » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:54 am

With Matsui out now for a couple weeks, does this open up the doors for the Mets to bring in another second baseman? I know that the names Tony Graffanino, Todd Walker and Julio Lugo have been thrown around, but it looks like Anderson Hernandez will get the nod, probably sharing time with Keppinger. Good idea, or the perfect opportunity to go after another 2B?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:24 pm

I would like to see the Mets go north with both Hernadez and Keppinger. If they struggle we can look to make a move later for a 2B.
killiansjmd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:34 pm

I would have liked to see Keppinger make the team too but with both Mastui and Hernandez on the roster and Woodward and Valentin able to play 2B I understand it. He'd get no PT so might as well let him get it in Norfolk. I think Keppinger is a guy that might get moved at the deadline as part of a package.

Hernandez could probably still use some seasoning as far as his hitting goes but damn he has looked good flashing the leather. Did you guys see that play today? Hopefully he keeps Kaz on the bench most of the year.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HiddenIdentity » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:58 pm

Kaz is injured? I couldn't be happier.
HiddenIdentity
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to New York Mets