16 Team H2H $$$ Points League- WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

16 Team H2H $$$ Points League- WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

16 Team H2H $$$ Points League- WHIR

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:42 pm

16-Team H2H Points $$$ league:

C: Pierzynski
1B: Teix
2B: Polanco
3B: Blalock
SS: Reyes
OF: Manny
OF: Sheffield
OF: Gathright
Util: Hafner

Bench:
Dan Johnson
Phil Nevin
Aaron Boone

P. Buehrle
P. Vazquez
P. Sheets
P. Contreras
P. Garland
P. Blanton
P. Livan Hernandez

Bench:
Dave Bush
Joey Devine

Minor League:
Delmon

Scoring for Batting Categories
Singles 1 point
Doubles 2 points
Triples 3 points
BB 1 point
CS -1 point
GSHR 6 points
HR 4 points
KO -1 point
R 1 point
RBI 1 point
SB 1.5 points

Scoring for Pitching Categories
BS -2 points
ER -1 point
Holds 2 points
IP 1.2 points
K 1 point
L -6 points
NH 15 points
SV 7 points
Shutouts 10 points
W 12 points
Last edited by chadlincoln on Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CadensDad » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:52 pm

With 16 teams your hitting is pretty good, (How did you get Manny,Bay, and Figs with 16 teams)

I'd be concerned about your pitching top to bottom even with 16 teams your closers need some help, I might move a big bat for a solid RP or SP one,

My link below

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby willy-t » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:25 am

HTF do you get Sheff, Manny, Hafner, Figgins and Bay on 1 tam in a 16 teamer. Since a save is worth 7 point and a win 10, I assume all closers went early.

If you can address that then I would, cos the 5 guys I listed are amazing, but I'm not mad about the rest of your team.
willy-t
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:36 am

Like the others said, Manny, Sheff, Bay, Figgs, Hafner in a 16-teamer 8-o Your pitching doesn't look bad but you definitely need some help at RP. I'd move a bat for a stud RP...

Link in sig ;-D

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:11 am

I'm not worried at all about my pitching. Closers mean nothing in this league. IP is really, really valuable. 1.2 for every IP. I drafted guy who are inning eaters.

The scoring in this league isn't normal. By default rankings, A-rod was rated 7th overall in CBS with our settings. It favors pitching. Starting pitching. Weekly changes, not daily. It's a weird league with weird settings, but my pitching is solid based of the IP projections.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby metsin05 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:54 am

i like how u took decent guys for your infield and absolutly stacked your OF and util. that should pay dividends. you can definitly use a 1 or 2 starter tho. with your stacked OF and lots of speed i think u shud try packaging gathright and an overrated pitcher like garland for a solid 2. maybe try for beckett or some1 like that
metsin05
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:54 am

chadlincoln wrote:I'm not worried at all about my pitching. Closers mean nothing in this league. IP is really, really valuable. 1.2 for every IP. I drafted guy who are inning eaters.

The scoring in this league isn't normal. By default rankings, A-rod was rated 7th overall in CBS with our settings. It favors pitching. Starting pitching. Weekly changes, not daily. It's a weird league with weird settings, but my pitching is solid based of the IP projections.

wow I missed that, thats a little odd, but with those settings your team should do very well ;-D

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BillyHoe » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:08 pm

Your team looks good. Once Delmon gets to the majors this year?, I'd look at perhaps dealing Shef while hes still playing and producing solid numbers. Then of course you could slot Delmon in your OF

Id look to upgrade 1B. I'm sure Sheffield would be able to get you a Helton type player..
BillyHoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hambone1818 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:12 pm

Looks like you certainly did your homework and took advantage of the scoring system. My only issue with the team--and it's a small one cause the team looks very well put together--is that there might be someone more valuable than Gathright on the wire. Lets say he gets 400 AB's (which I don't see with the crowded outfield they have and Delmon ready to step up). So, he gets his 400, which means about 110 hits, and only about 20 of them are extra bases with no HR's. He strikes out 2-3 times more than he walks and while he steals alot he has NOTHING for power, meaning the SB's dont even come close to offsetting the fact he won't get you RBI, HR's, etc.

As I said it's a small gripe, and he's a bench guy so you're taking a flyer. But I'd rather have someone with power potential, there are enough intriguing guys buried on the wire (even in a 16-team league) who could give you more points. Just remember that his 35 SB's (if that's what he would get you in about 400 AB's) is worth about 13 HR's, then add in RBI he's not getting you, and far more K's than BB, and I think he's next to worthless in this format.
hambone1818
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mathias » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:54 pm

Great job man, offense looks unbeatable. I agree to try and find high inning pitchers, and you should be set.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=178207
mathias
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team