Seattle MI horrible!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Seattle MI horrible!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Seattle MI horrible!!!

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:15 pm

I was looking at some depth charts and saw Seattle's MI and they are totally horrible! Right now positions aren't set in stone but it looks like Jose Lopez @2B and Yuniesky Betancourt @SS will be the starters with players like Fernando Vina, Mike Morse (You'd think roids would have given him sooooome power, but no), and Willie Bloomquist. All of these guys are below average major leaguers with no real niche except Lopez has some speed. I realize that they have Adam Jones, Asdrubal Cabrera, & Matt Tuiasosopo coming up but they are all a few years away from coming up and all 3 have BIG question marks. I mean this is without a doubt the worse MI in basbeall. If I were the Mariners I'd be taking to the Cubs and Braves about [b]Todd Walker [/b]and [b]Wilson Betemit[/b]. They spend money on Washburn & Everett in an attempt to better their team they let these minor leaguers play MI and think they have a chance, sad.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby phillibuster » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:18 pm

Wow, that is bad...a possible Vidro deal would seem approprate for them.
phillibuster
College Coach
College Coach

Postby uwnick2005 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:23 pm

I follow the M's predominately, and I am actually excited about their MI situation. Both Lopez and Betancourt are very young, and Betancourt has one of the top gloves at SS in the AL. Their bats should develop over the next few seasons, and while they won't be Michael Young and Jeff Kent, they should both be comfortably above replacement level.
uwnick2005 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:29 pm

I like the M's but think they make some dumb moves this being 1 of them. Here comes a last place finish if they don't address thier needs. Oh, btw Moyer is not a solution he's a liabilty as are players with basically no offensive contribution and decent defensive skills.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby nikku88 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:47 pm

Betancourt may not be good in fantasy baseball, but he's machine with the glove and could get a bit better at hitting.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:49 pm

Geat, we got another Jack Wilson on our hands!!! A glove and nothing, totally nothing else.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Return to Baseball Leftovers