Yahoo public league: someone dropped Mauer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo public league: someone dropped Mauer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo public league: someone dropped Mauer

Postby SoxAndTheCity » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:21 pm

rainman23 wrote:
SoxAndTheCity wrote:I tried doing a bunch of transactions to get it off the main page as most teams don't appear to be checking in often. I only check in every couple of days anyway.

Well, my #6 waiver priority didn't have what it takes to get his so another guy get's a free top catcher.

Of course I would have been laughing all the way to the free fantasy baseball bank :-? if I had gotten him, but it's just another of the lovely issues you get to deal with in free Yahoo leagues.

Oh well, I guess it's still worth it to have one to at least get an early look at some sleepers people may be reaching for, but it's getting very close to worthless...

I find it ironic that you're laughing at the quality of play in your league, even as you're doing something as bush as adding/dropping players to push activity off the screen. I'd rather have guys in my leagues whose decision-making is questionable to guys who think they're smart and look for ways to steal things they haven't earned. Who look for advantages that have nothing to do with their knowledge of fantasy or real-life baseball...

This comment is assinine. A free player of Mauer's caliber should not be given to ANY manager, but if one gets dropped like that you can be sure that I will use whatever means I can to try and acquire him.

You think the guy who picked up Mauer got him because of his shrewd fantasy sense? Come off it. :-t
SoxAndTheCity
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tal1286 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:25 pm

I just think it's ironic that a lot of people here complain about public leagues where people have dead teams and then turn around and only use yahoo as a mock draft, becoming the very dead teams they are complaining about.

IMO, that is extremely hypocritical. If you want to do a mock draft, do one here, or find 11 other people who want to do ONLY a mock draft at the cafe and create a league in yahoo where nobody will care who wins cause it was only a draft. If you are going to complain about public leagues and dead teams, you sure better be an active manager yourself.

I do public leagues because they're fun. Yes, I find dead teams annoying but will I screw over the people who want to keep the league competitive by only drafting and then quitting (becoming a dead team) because dead teams annoy me? The answer is no.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SoxAndTheCity » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:32 pm

tal1286 wrote:I just think it's ironic that a lot of people here complain about public leagues where people have dead teams and then turn around and only use yahoo as a mock draft, becoming the very dead teams they are complaining about.

IMO, that is extremely hypocritical. If you want to do a mock draft, do one here, or find 11 other people who want to do ONLY a mock draft at the cafe and create a league in yahoo where nobody will care who wins cause it was only a draft. If you are going to complain about public leagues and dead teams, you sure better be an active manager yourself.

I do public leagues because they're fun. Yes, I find dead teams annoying but will I screw over the people who want to keep the league competitive by only drafting and then quitting (becoming a dead team) because dead teams annoy me? The answer is no.

I've never abandoned one of my teams. Never.
SoxAndTheCity
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SoxAndTheCity » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:40 pm

giants! wrote:Out of curiosity, who did he pick up for mauer

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5756

!+)
SoxAndTheCity
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 4Pack » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:06 pm

tal1286 wrote:I just think it's ironic that a lot of people here complain about public leagues where people have dead teams and then turn around and only use yahoo as a mock draft, becoming the very dead teams they are complaining about.

Exactly! I have seen the "mock draft" comment on here a few times. I cannot say with any certainty that these same posters are also the ones complaining about the dead teams....but it all goes hand in hand. Do not use Yahoo for the sole purpose of mock drafts....it just screws over the rest of the league.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tal1286 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:29 pm

SoxAndTheCity wrote:

I've never abandoned one of my teams. Never.

I'm not saying you did. I've seen other people make comments about using yahoo solely for mock drafts and it followed from a few comments that were made in this thread that I could say what I wanted to about it.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mbuser » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:25 pm

4Pack wrote:Do not use Yahoo for the sole purpose of mock drafts....it just screws over the rest of the league.

could not agree more
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers