Yahoo public league: someone dropped Mauer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo public league: someone dropped Mauer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo public league: someone dropped Mauer

Postby SoxAndTheCity » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:33 am

I tried doing a bunch of transactions to get it off the main page as most teams don't appear to be checking in often. I only check in every couple of days anyway.

Well, my #6 waiver priority didn't have what it takes to get his so another guy get's a free top catcher.

Of course I would have been laughing all the way to the free fantasy baseball bank :-? if I had gotten him, but it's just another of the lovely issues you get to deal with in free Yahoo leagues.

Oh well, I guess it's still worth it to have one to at least get an early look at some sleepers people may be reaching for, but it's getting very close to worthless...
SoxAndTheCity
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo public league: someone dropped Mauer

Postby olympia0731 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:43 am

SoxAndTheCity wrote:I tried doing a bunch of transactions to get it off the main page as most teams don't appear to be checking in often. I only check in every couple of days anyway.

Well, my #6 waiver priority didn't have what it takes to get his so another guy get's a free top catcher.

Of course I would have been laughing all the way to the free fantasy baseball bank :-? if I had gotten him, but it's just another of the lovely issues you get to deal with in free Yahoo leagues.

Oh well, I guess it's still worth it to have one to at least get an early look at some sleepers people may be reaching for, but it's getting very close to worthless...

And this folks is why you don't play Public Leagues
olympia0731
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrider » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:34 am

Yeh I hate public leagues your best bet for sure is a league you have to apply to get in if you want to stay competitive.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:39 am

Public leagues suck, I quit that stuff a long time ago...
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby giants! » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:49 am

Out of curiosity, who did he pick up for mauer
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 4Pack » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:04 am

How do I consistently miss getting into all these bad public leagues on Yahoo? By the sounds of some posters here...all of them are bad. Over the past 6 years on Yahoo I have played in probably 30-35 public leagues on Yahoo (not counting football) and rarely come across the problems I read about on this board.

Granted you will see players dropped that should not have been...but I see that in public and private leagues on other sites also. You will see managers that rarely if ever set their lineups....and again...that happens in other leagues also (and managers who frequent this site that use Yahoo for mock drafts only play a big role in this).

The thing I have noticed though....for all the pissing and moaning about Yahoo leagues I read...I have yet to find another league at other sites where the competition is so much better. Is it because my fantasy skills are better than everyone elses and I can compete at any level? Hell no! As far as I can see it is because you will have bad managers no matter what league you play in. Just because you are in a money league or pay to get in your league...does not make you a good manager. I am in money leagues that have been in existence for 13 seasons and the competion is just a shade better than your average Yahoo public league IMO.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Yahoo public league: someone dropped Mauer

Postby rainman23 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:32 pm

SoxAndTheCity wrote:I tried doing a bunch of transactions to get it off the main page as most teams don't appear to be checking in often. I only check in every couple of days anyway.

I find it ironic that you're laughing at the quality of play in your league, even as you're doing something as bush as adding/dropping players to push activity off the screen. I'd rather have guys in my leagues whose decision-making is questionable to guys who think they're smart and look for ways to steal things they haven't earned. Who look for advantages that have nothing to do with their knowledge of fantasy or real-life baseball...
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LooseCannon » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:57 pm

4Pack wrote:How do I consistently miss getting into all these bad public leagues on Yahoo? By the sounds of some posters here...all of them are bad. Over the past 6 years on Yahoo I have played in probably 30-35 public leagues on Yahoo (not counting football) and rarely come across the problems I read about on this board.

Granted you will see players dropped that should not have been...but I see that in public and private leagues on other sites also. You will see managers that rarely if ever set their lineups....and again...that happens in other leagues also (and managers who frequent this site that use Yahoo for mock drafts only play a big role in this).

The thing I have noticed though....for all the pissing and moaning about Yahoo leagues I read...I have yet to find another league at other sites where the competition is so much better. Is it because my fantasy skills are better than everyone elses and I can compete at any level? Hell no! As far as I can see it is because you will have bad managers no matter what league you play in. Just because you are in a money league or pay to get in your league...does not make you a good manager. I am in money leagues that have been in existence for 13 seasons and the competion is just a shade better than your average Yahoo public league IMO.

Two things, he isn't complaining about Yahoo, but public leagues themselves. Yahoo is just the most popular fantasy baseball service.

And for the bolded statement, all I have to say is 8-o 8-o 8-o
There are going to be managers who aren't active, but in public leagues almost 2/3 don't update their lineups. I'd strongly suggest finding a new league even if your league resembles a public one in the tiniest of ways..

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 4Pack » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:15 pm

LooseCannon wrote:
4Pack wrote:How do I consistently miss getting into all these bad public leagues on Yahoo? By the sounds of some posters here...all of them are bad. Over the past 6 years on Yahoo I have played in probably 30-35 public leagues on Yahoo (not counting football) and rarely come across the problems I read about on this board.

Two things, he isn't complaining about Yahoo, but public leagues themselves. Yahoo is just the most popular fantasy baseball service.

And for the bolded statement, all I have to say is 8-o 8-o 8-o
There are going to be managers who aren't active, but in public leagues almost 2/3 don't update their lineups. I'd strongly suggest finding a new league even if your league resembles a public one in the tiniest of ways..

Actually...he does specifically mention Yahoo public leagues.

And as I said....why do I not see the leagues where 2/3rd of the managers do not set their lineups? I normally see 1-3 managers max. I cannot believe that it is just coincidence that most every league I get in have mostly active managers...while everyone else has the opposite fortune.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:18 pm

You just get the lucky draw, lol... But in the public league I've been in, one time, I was the only player that checked in within a month of that time... I wish the public leagues I got in were like yours...
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers