Patriot Act Game - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Patriot Act Game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:45 pm

dannyolbb wrote:
Would you all enjoy the idea more if it were a game that you agreed with politically? i.e. a game in which you invade a country on questionable intelligence, then watch as it descends into chaos b/c there was no planning? You could make it into a Chutes and Ladders rip-off, where the entire top 3 rows were chutes and you could never win except by not playing.

hahahha that would be a sweet game.

I think this game would be fun to play for about 5 minutes..its probably actually more fun to talk about
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:12 pm

Zito is God wrote:I think its clever to an extent, however the idea is nice but the game is very raw and obviously will get repetitive/annoying soon.

I would love tosee a video game where you have tyo do tasks while some of your civil liberties are taken away. I see that idea going somewhere, but I doubt it'd be easy, or markettable enough for someone to take a chance on.

There was a game called Beyond Good & Evil where you worked to expose the conquering alien government on your planet and what bad things they did, that sort of dealed with such things. It was a very good game that was supposed to be a trilogy, but it sold horribly and the 2 sequels got scrapped. Also, I'm pretty sure Rugby D isn't a Republican, so dannylobb, you should probably stop going with that angle.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby dannyolbb » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:15 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
Zito is God wrote:I think its clever to an extent, however the idea is nice but the game is very raw and obviously will get repetitive/annoying soon.

I would love tosee a video game where you have tyo do tasks while some of your civil liberties are taken away. I see that idea going somewhere, but I doubt it'd be easy, or markettable enough for someone to take a chance on.

There was a game called Beyond Good & Evil where you worked to expose the conquering alien government on your planet and what bad things they did, that sort of dealed with such things. It was a very good game that was supposed to be a trilogy, but it sold horribly and the 2 sequels got scrapped. Also, I'm pretty sure Rugby D isn't a Republican, so dannylobb, you should probably stop going with that angle.

I realize that my post was worded a little awkwardly, but I didn't mean that he was republican. I mean that a lot of the people criticizing the game probably are and are criticizing strictly on partisan grounds.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Half Massed » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:06 pm

Yet another Monopoly spinoff is nothing to get excited about, even if it's political and changed slightly. I agree with acs, it's a better game to talk about than actually play I'm sure.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby blankman » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Disgraceful :-t
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby 3 run homer » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:55 pm

I'm sure he and Micael Moore have a swell time playing that game.

Also any time I see or hear some say "wake up" it reminds me of the piece of racist crap on the Howard Stern show Daniel Carver "Wake up white people" grrrr creeps me out as well did this guy's comment
"This is my way of putting my political ideas forward, hoping people will wake up.
where's the skin crawling icon.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to General Talk