Has anyone experienced Yahoo Draft trouble? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Has anyone experienced Yahoo Draft trouble?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Has anyone experienced Yahoo Draft trouble?

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:37 pm

Last season at least four managers could not get into our Yahoo draft room until 4 rounds were over. They were not happy.

Has anyone experienced anything like this this season? Or have you seen others have trouble?

Thanks. I am looking to calm down the guys who were blocked out last season.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby intense » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:57 pm

It is possible they didnt have the proper java applications, thats the only reason I would think it wouldn't work???
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Third Day » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:00 pm

I've done 5 drafts and everything was fine except I don't have a send button so I can't send messages during the draft. ;-D :-t
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:04 pm

It is possible they didnt have the proper java applications, thats the only reason I would think it wouldn't work???

They got in eventually. And I know 2 season ago one of these owners had a worse problem but he ironed it out eventually. I think it actually was script-related.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby chris8 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:36 am

I had a problem a couple of years ago, and it turned out to be my new firewall preventing me from getting in.

Could be the problem for these guys too :-?
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:31 am

Third Day wrote:I've done 5 drafts and everything was fine except I don't have a send button so I can't send messages during the draft. ;-D :-t

That's only because you didn't scroll down, lol... But yeah, they probably didn't have the right Java installed on their PC... But then again I couldn't get in one time because I had a virus on my computer... They might have had one too...
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WyldStallyn » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:51 am

yeah. around round 8 the window froze and wouldnt reopen. i ran over to a friends room and tried it there, but no luck. after restarting the computer i got it to work by round 10, but it was quite annoying nontheless. i ended up with holliday and tracy, which wasnt too bad. who knows what i wouldve ended up with had i not preranked my players
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BritSox » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:31 am

My last draft, the window just disappeared on me. Fortunately, I'd queued a couple of guys and got back in after missing only one pick.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:47 am

I never prerank, it seems like when I do, I get screwed anyway... LOL, but Yahoo! does have problems every now and then... That may have been the thing that kept me out of the room... (Had a virus too, don't know which was affecting it)
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby number9 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:20 pm

First draft went just fine. The second draft (from the same PC!) froze the java livedraft applet right after I submitted my first pick! For some reason I had to update to the newest version of java to get back in, even though the version I was using worked fine in my first draft (and when I tested my system for the live draft it had come back as "successful", WTF..)
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers