Please rate my team (10 team keeper-WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my team (10 team keeper-WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my team (10 team keeper-WHIR)

Postby bp122 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:21 pm

Any comments would be great. This team is in a 10 team keeper league where we can keep 12 every year with no restrictions. Here are the categories (weekly H2H)

Hitting-R, HR, Avg, RBI, SB, OBP, Total Bases, Strikeouts
Pitching-K, ERA, W, S, CG, Shutouts, WHIP

Here's my roster:

C-Josh Willingham
1B-M. Teixeira
2B-C. Utley
3B- M. Ensberg
SS- M Tejada
OF- Carlos Lee
OF- Chad Tracy
OF- Johnny Damon
UTIL- Prince Fielder
UTIL- Joey Gathright
SP-Felix Hernandez, Rich Harden, Josh Beckett, AJ Burnett, Doug Davis
RP-Derrick Turnbow, Mike Gonzalez

Bench P- Mark Prior, Chris Ray, Tom Gordon, Justin Verlander, Oliver Perez
Bench Hitters- Matt Murton, Howie Kendrick, Andy Marte, Garret Anderson

I have some obvious weaknesses in saves and probably steals. Obvious strengths are infield and starters. Any suggestions on people I should put on the market and where I should try to get help in return, if at all. Any help will be appreciated and I will comment on anybody elses roster as well.

Thanks!
Last edited by bp122 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
bp122
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bostonsports4ever » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:52 pm

obviously Catcher is a major concern. Someone on the market must be better. Look at Jason Kendall last years suprise leader in OBP out of a leadoff hitter. I like murton. OF is a little risky tho get someone like Luis Gonzalez who will probably be available and is guaranteed to be servicable. Rank my team http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... dd157e31f5
bostonsports4ever
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dannyolbb » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:31 pm

Instead of shoring up your weaknesses (steals and saves), deal them away. One or the other. Certainly Gaithwright has no place in a 10 team league.

I'd try and trade away Damon and Gaithwright for either some power or some saves, honestly. With 15 categories, you can afford to punt one. And since that's where you're weakest...
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CadensDad » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:50 pm

Solid pitching, I'm not sold on Burnett at all the man has only pitched 200 innings twice, highest winning total was 12 that was done twice, 11 once and next highest was 7. With 7 years in the pros only 49 wins isn't much,

also Prior is starting on the DL is not a good sign, I'd look at moving Prior for sure and possibly Burnett, hitting is solid and should be ok.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bp122 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:12 pm

I got Burnett in the 13th round and Prior in the 15th so it's not like I reached. I think they are great values that low. Especially if Prior isn't seriously injured. I'm not sure I'd get great trade value out of either is the problem.

Anyone else have suggestions/comments?
bp122
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby irisheyes » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:22 am

Solid team... Look at upgrading catcher, Someone like a Kendall, or even Barret. If you want steals, go for a big gun, Ichiro may be underrated...
irisheyes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby loveslave8891 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:36 am

to go for solid steals you should look at maybe dealing tejada for rollins and another solid role player if u can, and if not try picking up taveras for the Astros. He is a pretty good steals man and not to hard to get
loveslave8891
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bp122 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:50 am

What do people think of the earlier suggestion of punting steals, since there are so many categories? What kind of power hitting outfielder can I expect in return for Damon (considering his shoulder tendinitis)? Thanks for the help so far and general comments are still very appreciated. I will help in return.
bp122
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Yanks05 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:55 am

dannyolbb wrote:I'd try and trade away Damon and Gaithwright for either some power or some saves, honestly. With 15 categories, you can afford to punt one. And since that's where you're weakest...

This sounds like a good idea I think. I'd definitely avoid trading Prior, as you just won't get decent value for him.

As for who you could get for Damon: someone like Wells maybe?
Yanks05
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DC nats05 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:05 am

You have great hitting. The only adjustment I would do is either drop/trade Gathright. I think you are fine in saves. There is no need to trade for a closer because there is always good unexpected surprises (see Turnbow of last year). And the last thing about your team is catcher. Someone in FA's has to be better than him. Overall, solid team.
DC nats05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team