I'm incredibly great at everything - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

I'm incredibly great at everything

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I'm incredibly great at everything

Postby dannyolbb » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:05 pm

Well, except coming up with titles for threads. Anyway, what do you think? Strengths, weaknesses, etc. I was still a little inebriated from St. Patty's when I did this an hour ago, so be gentle. It's a 14 team league, 7x7, with the extra cats being Walks and OPS for hitters and holds and HR allowed (?!?) for pitchers.

C R. Barajas
1B M. Teixeira
2B C. Figgins
3B H. Blalock
SS M. Ellis
LF A. Dunn
CF B. Clark
RF B. Wilkerson
Util R. Howard
BN A. Béltre
BN R. Baldelli
BN J. Vidro
BN C. Patterson

SP J. Beckett
SP C. Sabathia
SP E. Loaiza
RP Fr. Rodríguez
RP C. Cordero
P T. Gordon
P C. Orvella
P M. Morris
P J. Marquis
BN S. Torres
BN J. Speier
BN A. Otsuka

Also - I always help those people who say they'll rate mine after I rate theirs. They rarely do so. I promise that if you rate my team, however, I will give yours a thorough going-over. Deal? Good.
[size=18]03[/size]
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bostonsports4ever » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:27 pm

Overall pretty decent. Areas of improvement are C and SS really. A little SP help couldnt hurt either. Chone Figgins is a great player and i like him. But he is massively overrated. Make the right sell to someone and you could get back a great return. Your OF is ok, Wilkerson should do well in Texas and Adam Dunn will provide HRs. Im not too sure about CHad Cordero to tell you the truth. But K-Rod is another of the overrated pitchers so u can deal him for help if needed. All this is really just nitpicking except for the Catcher and Shortstop. Barajas is mediocre at best. And Crosby has never really done much.
bostonsports4ever
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bp122 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:35 pm

Yeah, I generally like your team. I wouldn't feel too comfortable with Ellis at SS though. Maybe package him with one of your extra relievers (you have quite a few) and upgrade your shortstop. Overall though, I really like your team.

Please help,

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 49#1421749
bp122
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bostonsports4ever » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:39 pm

bostonsports4ever
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CadensDad » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:00 pm

Sorry I'm not as sold on your team as the other two are, it's good don't get me wrong. It has some nice power and solid RBI but while Chone Figgins is good, the man only offers 2 cats, and if your going to get him to "steal" bases you really need Reyes, furcal, Pods or another high profile base stealer to lock up that cat. With just him if another team gets Furcal and Crawford they will be neck and neck with you and those guys help in other spots.

Also Beckett as your Ace worries me, those blisters can come back anytime, Plus Beckett switched from a warm climate to a cold climate and they say it might effect his movement. My suggestion to you is, either trade around for another decent basestealer (Tori Hunter will steal around 30 if healthy all year.) or move Figgins out for Utley or something.

Also try and package a RP and average SP for a upgrade at W,

the team is solid and will do decent, but I dont see it as a 1st place team. Good luck though

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby boyz35 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:24 pm

Nice team for a 14 team league. Teix was an excellent 1st round choice. Figgins was a good, versatile pick. Blalock was probably a good value. Beltre - who a lot of guys are steering clear of - was a great later round acquisition. Wilkerson, dunn, and Howard are all good picks. You have a great #1 starter and a solid #2 starter. Your closers are the best of the best.
You're weak at SS. I didn't know Mark Ellis was eligable? Maybe Hardy or somebody is still available.
Nice roster - enjoy the season.
boyz35
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Half Massed » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:31 am

You've got a solid team for a 14 teamer, but Loaiza is no man's #3 starter. You have plenty of closers (4 is too many for a 14 teamer) and a good OF. I'd look to deal a few guys who had a good season last year, but nothing in the past to say they'll repeat. Maybe Brady Clark and Chad Cordero for a good SP. Baldelli should be playing on your team, and Beltre probably should too, although you have no space for him. You won't get much value for Beltre at this point, so I'd look to deal someone to make room. Ellis should put up similar numbers to last year's in the end. You could do worse for a SS in a 14 team league.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby dooz » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:47 am

CadensDad wrote:while Chone Figgins is good, the man only offers 2 cats, and if your going to get him to "steal" bases you really need Reyes, furcal, Pods or another high profile base stealer to lock up that cat. With just him if another team gets Furcal and Crawford they will be neck and neck with you and those guys help in other spots.

um, to say that figgins is onlya two cat guy is just dead wrong. he contributes in 3. im not sold on him going as high as some people take him, i want 4 cat production in the top 50 but you are selling VERY short. also, to say that furcal is productive in more stats is crazy too. his avg is worse and will probably get less runs in the poor dodgers lineup.
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team