Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FantasyBandit » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:06 am

Good news, hope he is solid this year
FantasyBandit
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Joe Mauer » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:45 am

I had him as a $20 keeper in a league. Decided to keep him. Then he went on the DL. I knew he'd be fine after the DL stint as there was no real concern but I decided to cut him (we can do that on players we decided to keep but went on the DL prior ro the draft) prior to the draft. Draft night I threw out his name and most the owners thought he was still on my team. The comish said "he dropped him because of the DL drop rule." The bidding began and everyone was scared off by the DL term and didn't know what was wrong with him (except for the comish...he knew as I told him when I dropped him so he could email everyone prior to the draft) because they didn't prepare for him to be avaiable so I got him back for only $9 ;-D

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 29)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby dooz » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:27 am

Joe Mauer wrote:I had him as a $20 keeper in a league. Decided to keep him. Then he went on the DL. I knew he'd be fine after the DL stint as there was no real concern but I decided to cut him (we can do that on players we decided to keep but went on the DL prior ro the draft) prior to the draft. Draft night I threw out his name and most the owners thought he was still on my team. The comish said "he dropped him because of the DL drop rule." The bidding began and everyone was scared off by the DL term and didn't know what was wrong with him (except for the comish...he knew as I told him when I dropped him so he could email everyone prior to the draft) because they didn't prepare for him to be avaiable so I got him back for only $9 ;-D

i'd pat you on the back but it seems you've already done much more than that. ;-)
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates