3 and 3 h2h strategy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

3 and 3 h2h strategy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sharksfan1139 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:30 am

wouldnt work in my league cuz we have a minimum of 30 innings pitched each week or you lose all pitching stats and i doubt those 6 could get me 30 innings every week

sharksfan1139
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:25 pm

Dan Charette wrote:If you get 6 pitchers that good , then your hitting will surely be weak. In The drafts I've been in so far, most of the teams take 7 or 8 batters in the first 10 rounds, because of the depth at starting pitching.
I guess it would depend on what the categories of the league are, to be able to discuss this in depth.

Dan the Bluesman B-)

I agree. Your hitting would certainly suffer. I would also question drafting 3 closers that early in the draft. In order to do something like that, you are pretty much ignoring hitting until the 7th round. What I usually try to do is draft best available for the first 3 rounds. I like at least 1 stud SP as well. I usually ignore closers until later. Sometimes, it bites me and sometimes, it works out well. I would rather have a more balanced team between offense and SP. A few stud SP can carry a team.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers