Please rate my team.. Thank You - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my team.. Thank You

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my team.. Thank You

Postby justinA » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:41 am

Hello everyone. Keepers were due a little while ago for my league and I would just like your opinion on my team and where I should focus most of my money come Saturday the 25th.

14 team, $300, Mixed 5x5

1B - Justin Morneau - $11
2B - Chase Utley - $11
OF - Jeff Francoeur - $6
P - Roy Oswalt - $26
P - Trevor Hoffman - $23
P - Jake Peavy - $21
P - Cliff Lee - $17
P - Jose Valverde - $6
P - Jon Garland - $6
P - Noah Lowry - $6

2 catchers, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, MI, CI, U, U, 5 OF and 10 pitchers (of any type)

So where should I spend the most dough? For the final 3 pitchers, I know I don't want to spend too much money. I think I am going to wait until the dollar steals to pick up my final pitchers.

I think I should try and pick up 2 big names with big pricetags, most likely at OF because Tejada is the only BIG name, big number SS out there. Vlad and Manny are both out there. I may try and take both of them. It will take about $85, but I think it will be worth it (I always finish near last in hitting). Carlos Lee, Andruw, Shef, Ichiro, and Damon are other big name guys available.

I don't know what to do about catchers. Javy is the best out there and after him its pretty thin, but I don't want anyone that HURTS my team. I just want two placeholders. Maybe a johjima, kendall, or mccann.

Sorry that was pretty long winded but I would really like to know what you guys think about my team and about my strategies. As always, your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:52 am

Utley for $11 should turn out to be one of the most valuable players in the league...that's a great price for him.

As for your catcher situation...I am not a fan of Javy this year, he'll probably go for way more than I would be willing to spend on him, but with 14 teams and two catcher slots you don't want to get stuck with absolute duds. I would try to get guys like McCann, Kendall, Barajas, Pierzynski, etc. for a little cheaper.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby justinA » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:05 am

Art Vandelay wrote:Utley for $11 should turn out to be one of the most valuable players in the league...that's a great price for him.

As for your catcher situation...I am not a fan of Javy this year, he'll probably go for way more than I would be willing to spend on him, but with 14 teams and two catcher slots you don't want to get stuck with absolute duds. I would try to get guys like McCann, Kendall, Barajas, Pierzynski, etc. for a little cheaper.

Thank you. I am very proud of how cheap I have Utley for. Obviously it is a keeper league. I acquired him 2 years ago when he was $1 (we add $5 for every year) for.. get this.. JODY GERUT! Straight up. Oh man, I will never let the guy I traded with live that one down.

Yeah, I think you are right. Numbers are numbers, no matter where they come from, and just because he may have pretty good numbers for a catcher, he gets overvalued. I am liking McCann because of his potential and Kendall because of his consistent BA.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby justinA » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:19 pm

Bump.. please?
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager