Who debated best

Poll ended at Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:37 pm

bigh0rt
59%
savvy stu
41%

Total votes : 32

Postby mikekim2121 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:59 pm

Both certainly performed above the expectations of most but how is the person who picked Atkins not winning? I guess most of the votes were taken earlier in the year but I think Atkin's monster year merits victory for stu.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby savvy_stu » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:44 am

mikekim2121 wrote:Both certainly performed above the expectations of most but how is the person who picked Atkins not winning? I guess most of the votes were taken earlier in the year but I think Atkin's monster year merits victory for stu.

The poll was conducted before the season started. And, to be honest it wasn't necessarily a matter of whom everyone thought was right, but, rather, a matter of who argued for his sleeper best.

bigh0rt did a solid job. This is little more than a less-than-elborate "I told you so."
savvy_stu
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:37 am

Stu, you're a stud in general. Nice job with the pick.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:00 am

savvy_stu wrote:
mikekim2121 wrote:Both certainly performed above the expectations of most but how is the person who picked Atkins not winning? I guess most of the votes were taken earlier in the year but I think Atkin's monster year merits victory for stu.

The poll was conducted before the season started. And, to be honest it wasn't necessarily a matter of whom everyone thought was right, but, rather, a matter of who argued for his sleeper best.

bigh0rt did a solid job. This is little more than a less-than-elborate "I told you so."

Sorry I missed this in March. In terms of points in the debate, I think you did the better job. The only negative stat for Atkins (road BA) you countered nicely (his totals will be there in the end) whereas he never really countered why Young's road ERA would not be indicative of his numbers in SD (other than he was moving to a pitcher's park, which we all knew).

I agree that neither pick was an "out on a limb" pick (maybe because I targeted both in my drafts), but good choices nonetheless.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby savvy_stu » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:10 am

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:Sorry I missed this in March. In terms of points in the debate, I think you did the better job. The only negative stat for Atkins (road BA) you countered nicely (his totals will be there in the end) whereas he never really countered why Young's road ERA would not be indicative of his numbers in SD (other than he was moving to a pitcher's park, which we all knew).

I agree that neither pick was an "out on a limb" pick (maybe because I targeted both in my drafts), but good choices nonetheless.

Cleveland Steamers wrote:Stu, you're a stud in general. Nice job with the pick.

Thanks, and thanks guys... I'm all about self-congratulatory poppycock.

And, Steamers, we both know you're the stud. (mostly because you rocked my socks in the semifinals of the Cup o' Coffee league)
savvy_stu
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers