Too Old? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Too Old? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Too Old? WHIR

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:50 pm

Just curious on opinions from my league draft from last night. Its a 12 team, 6 x 6 H2H league, where holds and OPS count. It is also a keeper league, where we kept 5 players who were drafted after round 3 last year (the guys I kept were Chone Figgins, Carlos Lee, Felix Hernandez, Carlos Zambrano and Huston Street). My biggest concern is that too many of my guys might be past their prime. Also a little concerned about a lack of speed behind Figgins.

(FYI, some players who are still available on the waiver wire are Jermaine Dye, Willy Mo Pena, J.J. Hardy, Edwin Encarnacion, Curtis Granderson, Josh Willingham, Greg Maddux, Esteban Loazia, Kris Benson, Ryan Madson & Scott Baker. However, I have #1 waiver priority, and would obviosuly not want to burn it on any of these guys - so I'd have to wait for them to clear on Saturday).

This is my roster:

C: Ivan Rodriguez
1B: Richie Sexson
2B: Jeff Kent
SS: Derek Jeter
3B: Adrian Beltre
LF: Carlos Lee
CF: Preston Wilson
RF: Magglio Ordonez
Util: Chone Figgins
Bench: Brad Wilkerson

SP: Carlos Zambrano, Felix Hernandez, Zach Duke, Chris Young, Odalis Perez, Brad Penny, Daniel Cabrera
RP: Huston Street, Chad Cordero, Mike Gonzalez, Dan Wheeler, Roberto Hernandez

Thanks, guys. As always, I'll answer any of yours - just post a link.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:18 pm

No thoughts?
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JohnnyBenchBest Ever » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:29 pm

With Figgins, Jeter, Wilson and Wilkerson you should be ok on SB. Wilkerson and Wilson should give 10 each. If your looking for more speed that a chance on Granderson or Gathright. I like Pena to finally break out this year - 35 hr...If he's healthy. I like EE over Beltre especially in a keeper league.
Your pitching looks alright, you got a stud and some good young arms and 3 guys who could bounce back and have good seasons (Perez, Penny, and Caberra).
Not a bad team you’re solid and balanced.

Please take a look at my team
JohnnyBenchBest Ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby squawkya24 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:55 pm

I like your closers and you have some young stud starters so I think you are set there. I think that your speed will be average. Edwin Encarnacion would be a good pick-up as Beltre could disappoint again. If he doesnt then you can trade Encarnacion for some speed somewhere in the line-up.
Here is my team... http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=177073
Dark Horse of 2007: Seattle Mariners
Go M's!!
squawkya24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby squawkya24 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:57 pm

Also J.J. Hardy might be a good pick up if you are worried about not having any players for the future. And he could back up Jeter.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=177073
Dark Horse of 2007: Seattle Mariners
Go M's!!
squawkya24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:11 pm

squawkya24 wrote:I like your closers and you have some young stud starters so I think you are set there. I think that your speed will be average. Edwin Encarnacion would be a good pick-up as Beltre could disappoint again. If he doesnt then you can trade Encarnacion for some speed somewhere in the line-up.
Here is my team... http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=177073

I actually forgot that Ryan Zimmerman is also available. Would you recommend him or Encarnacion more?
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby checkers » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:33 pm

if you can pick up Willy Mo Pena .. as a full timer this year he'll supprise you with his power... your pitching is pretty much set ...

nice team you have ... GL !!

Please see mine ..http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1417407#1417407
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:51 pm

I like your hitting and closers. But your starters aren't that good behind Zambrano and Felix...
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team