Rockies Prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Rockies Prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rockies Prospects

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:36 pm

I know we have a lot of potentially good prospects, but I can't say I know a ton about them. Can anyone give me thoughts on these prospects and any others you think will be good the Rox have? Thanks! ;-D

Ian Stewart (no real need to mention him, I already know he's going to be a stud ;))
Troy Tulowitzki
Chris Nelson
Juan Morillo
Ubaldo Jimenez
Jayson Nix
Chris Iannetta

I know its a lot, so if you only know some thats ok, and add any you like. Thanks again!
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killercars » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:02 pm

yeah... outside of ian stewart... it's tought for me to know much...

i have heard of ubaldo though... nothing recent, but a while back i read some Baseball America article where they said scouts would drool at the mention of his name...

i, like you, have been waiting to hear more on him...

don't know if this helps.. but it's positive nonetheless... i suppose that's better than hearing that scouts cringe at his name right?

jhonny.
killercars
College Coach
College Coach

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:15 am

Well its always good to have good pitching prospects, especially for the Rockies. I'm not sure where Jimenez was this spring, but Morillo was in camp and pitched.

Anyone else got anything on these future studs? ;-)
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:54 am

Troy Tulowitzki (SS-Col) - Number 7 Pick in the MLB 2005 Draft

"Tulo" has been an outstanding college player, one who could make it to the big leagues quickly. He's compared frequently to Crosby, and not just because Crosby was LBSU's shortstop, too. They have similar body types and games. Tulowitzki will be able to stay at shortstop defensively and should show some power at the position.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Re: Rockies Prospects

Postby warrick95 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:17 pm

avsfan4ever33 wrote:I know we have a lot of potentially good prospects, but I can't say I know a ton about them. Can anyone give me thoughts on these prospects and any others you think will be good the Rox have? Thanks! ;-D

Ian Stewart (no real need to mention him, I already know he's going to be a stud ;))...could be as good as Helton...don't bother putting too much weight into his #'s last year...he was hurt by an injury but came back strong later on.
Troy Tulowitzki...I love this guy and don't see why he isn't that highly touted. The Crosby comparison is pretty accurate and he looks to develop slightly more power. That doesn't even take into comparison the Coors factor. I think he's right outside the elite SSs (Upton, Drew). Interestingly, with Coors in mind, I think he'll be better than Drew.
Chris Nelson...Many scouts thought he was the best HS hitting prospect in the 2004 draft. Had a season marred by injuries and flat out bad play. He was viewed as a top-tier prospect prior to last season. THis is a pretty important season for him. If he bounces back, he could be a 20-20 player (might ahve even more power potential) without factoring Coors in...and hit over .300. I think he'll bounce back and is a good late pick in dynasty minors drafts.
Juan Morillo...pitcher...please refrain from taking him.
Ubaldo Jimenez...pitcher...please don't.
Jayson Nix...Laynce's younger brother (that family loves the unnecessary "y" in names), he has good pop but Ks too much. Had a great 2004 before recessing last year. I don't think he's in the long-term plans for the team, but could force his way in by overachieving.
Chris Iannetta...average bat...great defense...but with Coors, he could be a decent starting catcher.

I know its a lot, so if you only know some thats ok, and add any you like. Thanks again!
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:04 pm

Thanks for that warrick! This is not for fantasy really btw, more just info on the up and coming Rockies in the system.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SkeetNation » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:02 pm

warrick, you mention Coors as one reason Tulo in your opinion will end up better then Drew. Do you expectations take into account Drew will be playing in Hitter friendly Arizona?
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
SkeetNation
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Minor League & College Baseball