H2H and Roto management differences? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

H2H and Roto management differences?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H2H and Roto management differences?

Postby magus » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:14 pm

It's good to back on the best baseball info sight on the net! ;-D Ok, this year, I branched out a bit and started a H2H league when I've only ever had a roto before. My question is, what should I be doing differently in my H2H league that I do in my roto? For instance, should my drafting preferences change at all? Should the fact that there is now a 7 inning min a game instead of a 1250 inning limit change my strategy? Any tips on H2H leagues in general would be fine. It's a standard yahoo league with default settings (assuming 7 inning min is default :-? ). Thanks! Good luck this year everybody! WHIR
magus
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:01 pm

is it Roto bases H2H or Points based?

if it's the latter i tend to bump the speedy guys like Crawford down a bit depending on how much SB are worth

also, i will give a slight edge to batters who i feel are more consistent producers on a weekly basis...or you can always platoon a guy with the hot hitter of the week

also, in Points based leagues with Innings Pitched counting for points, sometimes i will give an edge to the horses like Livan Hernandez who always go 7 or 8 innings
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby magus » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:13 pm

Here are the H2H rules according to yahoo.

In a Head-to-Head League, your team will square off in a weekly matchup against another manager's team to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.
A new weekly matchup begins every Monday and will consist of a set number of games based on your league's statistical categories. Each stat category counts as one game, with the win going to the team that finishes the week with the highest total in that category (the cumulative total after each Sunday's games).

So, if in a given week, your team hits more home runs than your opponent's, you would be credited with a victory. However, if your opponent's team ended the week with more saves than your team, you would be charged with a loss. If the two teams end up tied in a given category, each will receive credit for a tied game.

This weekly win-loss total will be added to a cumulative season record, which will be used to determine standings and playoff seedings. These standings will be based on your team's overall winning percentage, which is calculated by taking your win total and adding 1/2 of your tie total and dividing the sum by the total number of games your team has played.

Our categories are R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, and WHIP. Thanks! Hope this helps.
magus
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WyldStallyn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:23 pm

i think that its better to try and get more consistent players. really streaky hitters are averaged out over a season in roto, but can kill you in h2h if they dont produce every week. also, try not to get too many players from one team, cause if they team goes on a losing streak, it generally hurts everyone on the team. otherwise i think its fairly similar
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers