P-R.Lopez
Bench-J.Duchscherer
You Can Do It
gimpybunters
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnny d » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:39 pm

You're gonna be hurting somewhat for HRs and RBIs, with Podsednik, Damon and Soriano in there (I'm expecting a pretty big power fall-off from him this year, plus less people to bat in ahead of him). O-Cab doesn't do much on offense. I would strongly consider trading SBs for HRs/RBIs. And you should be able to do better at short. I like your bench, aside from Biggio (and you could use a little more infield position eligibility for off-days.) Yeah actually, you have outfield pop on the bench, so maybe package a speed guy and a power guy for a true stud. I like Lane for a breakout year.

You could also consider trading a speed guy or a power guy for pitching, I don't entirely trust Myers, and aside from him and Oswalt, you really need better starters. Lidge is solid, is Dempster closing again this year? You should be able to find something better than Duchscherer.
johnny d
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby gimpybunters » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:51 pm

Thanks for the advice. I have a bunch of pop on the bench and am looking to make a few moves for more power. For some reason Damon really dropped in the league and I had to grab him. I am hoping Lane or Pena can have a solid power year.
You Can Do It
gimpybunters
College Coach
College Coach

Postby johnny d » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:22 pm

gimpybunters wrote:Thanks for the advice. I have a bunch of pop on the bench and am looking to make a few moves for more power. For some reason Damon really dropped in the league and I had to grab him. I am hoping Lane or Pena can have a solid power year.

Lane can steal a few bags too, can't he? If people in your league don't respect Damon, maybe see what kind of a SP (or even top RP) you can get for Podsednik. Or top SS, but SS is deep enough that there's probably somebody decent on the waiver wire(people seem to be pretty high on J.J. Hardy), or grab Nomar hoping for a comeback. Between Soriano, Damon and Lane, you should still be fairly competitive in speed, and have more balance in your offense and/or pitching. And then Pena should give good pop if you're falling behind in HR (but he will hurt your avg, and probably won't get as many Rs and RBIs as one would hope). I would definitely try to swap Podsednik for pitching, if I were you. Maybe package him with one of your lesser pitchers if that makes him more attractive.
johnny d
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team