The dreaded 12th pick... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The dreaded 12th pick...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The dreaded 12th pick...

Postby Rupture » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:14 pm

So I'm stuck with the 12th pick, which I've never been too fond of but then again have never had before.

I am couting on the first 11 picks going like this, in some order:

Rodriguez
Pujols
Teixeira
Guerrero
Ortiz
Ramirez
Lee
Santana
Abreu
Cabrera
Wright

This is a standard 5x5 league with OPS instead of BA

With that said, who would you pick at 12 and 13? I've got it narrowed down to Bay/Crawford/Tejada/Young and leaning a bit towards Bay/Tejada.
Rupture
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:20 pm

What's so dreaded about it? I think 12 is a great spot. Depending on how it goes, you'll get to pick 2 of the following: Wright, Bay, MCab, Abreu, Young, and Tejada.

As far as your scenario, I'd go Bay and Young.

I think 9 is the absolute worst spot this year. You're stuck with the first "second tier" guy, and by your pick in the 2nd round, that group is gone, too...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby rw_26 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:22 pm

Crawford may go a little higher and you may have a shot at Cabrera or Abreu. Of the potential players that may fall to you, I would rank them:

Cabrera
Bay
Abreu
Wright
Crawford
Young
Hafner
rw_26
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:25 pm

What's so dreaded about it? I think 12 is a great spot. Depending on how it goes, you'll get to pick 2 of the following: Wright, Bay, MCab, Abreu, Young, and Tejada.

I think 9 is the absolute worst spot this year. You're stuck with the first "second tier" guy, and by your pick in the 2nd round, that group is gone, too...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:26 pm

Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kidnemisis » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:30 pm

I think im a pretty good authority on this, seriously im in 11 leagues and had 10-12 in 9 of them. I like Wright in these spots if possible and tried Young but didn't like it because I like my shortstop to be big on steals, but thats a personal choice. I like anything like Wright/Abreu or Abreu/Bay.
kidnemisis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rupture » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:31 pm

It's not so bad for the first 2 picks, but after that there are 22 picks in between mine for the rest of the draft. I'm almost guaranteed to miss out on the 4th-5th round closer run and end up taking whatever's left at the end of the 5th.

I wouldn't mind drafting 9th, I had 9th last year and ended up drafting my greatest team ever.
Rupture
College Coach
College Coach

Postby benjapage » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:34 pm

shoot, i'm probably going to take wright with the 7th overall. if he falls to you, grab him. now, if all those guys that you list are gone, i would take crawford and tejada. matter of fact, i'd probably take crawford over abreu, and simply because i can never muster the courage to take pitching in the first four rounds, i'd probably take any of those guys over santana.

sshhh...i know santana's awesome (i've had him the past couple years in a keeper), but in a redraft h2h, hitting's harder to find.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:46 pm

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 465)

Return to Baseball Leftovers