100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Here's Where I'm At

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Here's Where I'm At

Postby johnny d » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:13 pm

11 team league, roto scoring, R HR RBI SB AVG OBP SLG
IP (as a positive, not as a limit) W SV K ERA WHIP

My infield is sick, I have some promising starters, I'm looking to just get a few points out of SVs and pretty much punt SBs

R. Hernandez
A. Dunn
J. Cantu
D. Wright
M. Tejada
A. Ramirez (IF)
B. Bonds
M. Holliday
A. Huff
N. Garciaparra (Util)
J. Dye (BN)
B. Wilkerson (BN)

C. Zambrano
C. Sabathia
M. Gonzalez
C. Reitsma
M. Mulder
M. Cain
K. Escobar
J. Bonderman
E. Bedard
Od. Perez

I'm considering dropping Wilkerson for Gathright or C. Young (who someone just put on the waiver wire). I also tried packaging Huff and Garciaparra for Grady Sizemore, which I think will get rejected, but it was worth a shot. I'm not sure if I should just punt SBs entirely and work on every other category, or make Sizemore type moves (M. Bradley is on the waiver wire, C. Sullivan is a free agent, so is the entire KC outfield), to help pick up a couple points in that category without hurting too much, or try to plug that hole with Gathright, and hope he gets the ABs. I'm okay with the pitching right now, just not sure if I should make a waiver claim on young, and if so, if I should use Perez or Wilkerson to do it. Any and all advice would be appreciated.
johnny d
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsjerk » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:26 pm

With the team you have now, I would punt SB. Your OF could use some work, but I like Garciaparra at UTIL for you, could be a comeback player. Your pitching is not spectacular, but it's solid. I think CC is gonna have a break out year and could be an ace on many staffs. Zambrano and Sabathia is a nice 1-2 punch and then your other starters are solid. Nice draft, although, I think I would look to pick up some saves on the waiver wire. Chris Ray maybe if he isn't already taken.
sportsjerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby johnny d » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:08 pm

sportsjerk wrote:With the team you have now, I would punt SB. Your OF could use some work, but I like Garciaparra at UTIL for you, could be a comeback player. Your pitching is not spectacular, but it's solid. I think CC is gonna have a break out year and could be an ace on many staffs. Zambrano and Sabathia is a nice 1-2 punch and then your other starters are solid. Nice draft, although, I think I would look to pick up some saves on the waiver wire. Chris Ray maybe if he isn't already taken.

I appreciate the input. I actually grabbed Reitsma off the waiver wire, all other closers are taken. I worry about Devine, but so long as I can pick up some cheap saves and finish at 4 points or so, I'll be happy enough. I worry a bit about my OF too, though I like Bonds and Holliday a lot. I was trying to shop Huff because the league can turn into an IP/W/K race very quickly, and I'd rather not carry more OFs than I have to, and I know he's a notoriously slow starter. That's why I was thinking about putting a claim in on Chris Young, you can never have too much SP depth in this league.
johnny d
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CadensDad » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:14 pm

Devine wont be closing for ATL at least until mid of June, they want him to get some more time in spring training in some closer spots then use him as a set up. Not only that Reitsma has a histroy of doing solid until around end of July, (Must be pressure of all star break.)

But solid team top to bottom, I'm not as sold on your pitching as these other guys are since if inning have no limit I'd grabbed a few more solid starters that post high innings.

Also if Griffey starts on a hot streak I'd look to trade him around mid of May for a top player so that way he doesnt take your DL spot up.

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby johnny d » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:21 pm

CadensDad wrote:Devine wont be closing for ATL at least until mid of June, they want him to get some more time in spring training in some closer spots then use him as a set up. Not only that Reitsma has a histroy of doing solid until around end of July, (Must be pressure of all star break.)

But solid team top to bottom, I'm not as sold on your pitching as these other guys are since if inning have no limit I'd grabbed a few more solid starters that post high innings.

Also if Griffey starts on a hot streak I'd look to trade him around mid of May for a top player so that way he doesnt take your DL spot up.

Thanks for the Devine tip, if I can get half a year out of Reitsma and a full one out of Gonzalez, I'll be plenty happy. I hear you on the SP depth, it's not entirely my fault, the other jerks in the league insist on auto-draft, so I need to hit the waiver wire to help with that (and if anyone could weigh in on the Chris Young for Wilkerson idea, I would really appreciate it, I like Young a lot in that park but I wanna know if I'm just fooling myself).

I uh, I don't have Griffey. Funny story though, someone in the league drafted him in the 2nd round. We have a mix of quite savvy owners and idiots.

Oh yeah, one other fact that may help, it's a no-yankee league (we're all Red Sox fans), so I suppose it's really more like a 12-team league than an 11.
johnny d
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby gimpybunters » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:56 pm

I love your starting hitters. And if you can get 100 games out of Bonds watchout. And you have solid pitching as well. I am hoping Bonderman can have a big year. And CC can stay away from the donuts you should be good.
You Can Do It
gimpybunters
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team