Stephen Drew ceiling? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Stephen Drew ceiling?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stephen Drew ceiling?

Postby stumpak » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:12 pm

I don't much about this guy, except that I have an opinion that it is craziness to for Arizona to consider plugging him in as the starter when he could barely hit .200 in AA.

To my question: What sort of 5x5 stat line is good baseline expectation for this guy once he fully blossoms in a couple years?
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:40 pm

Well in his defense he was hurt and that lead to his struggles, but I do agree he shouldn't start for them this year.

To answer your question though he should be good in basically every category. He has a good bat to hit for average and enough pop to hit around 20-25 HR's later on. The only area that isn't viewed as pretty good is his speed, it's a bit above average so I don't think you can expect to many SB's though possibly double digits. His R/RBI depend on where he bats in the future, I can see him being 1/2 type guy or even possibly hitting more in the middle of the order.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby brandnew » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:19 pm

I don't mean to be an ass... but we should use the search button more. There's a thread on Drew literally on the same page. It'd just help clearing up a lot of the cluttering on this board to see if your question has been answered. (I've seen a lot of "Who's the next star/MVP/CY" threads)
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Minor League & College Baseball