Prior announcement today - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prior announcement today

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Prior announcement today

Postby kemper5 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:44 am

Got this from Rotoworld this morning. This does not look good. In the article they would not disclose what Yocum found, but would rather have an announcement on it.. But you never know.

Mark Prior - S - Cubs
The Cubs are expected to announce the results of the MRI on Mark Prior's sore shoulder Thursday.
This is a truly odd situation, because either the Cubs had no clue that Prior was hurting or they tried very hard to cover it up. Both situations are odd. Mar. 16 - 10:07 am et
Source: Chicago Tribune
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:53 am

At this point, Cub's management has reach a new low in media/public relations. You basically can't believe a word out of their mouths about the health of their players. I thought Duquette in Boston was the worst I had seen until these guys came along.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gags Sports » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:02 pm

I'm expecting the worse, only because it's the Cubs and one of their pitchers.

As a Prior owner for the past two seasons, as well as being dumb enough to keep Prior for 2006, I should be ashamed of myself.

There are obviously two scenarios that can come out of this 'announcement.'

1) Prior will require (cough, cough) surgery (cough, cough), whether it be season ending or just a clean up. Either way, depending on the surgery it will put him out AT LEAST half the season and even when he does come back, his impact will be minor.

2) The other scenario would be that the rotator cuff is just irritated and requires rest. What I can't quite fathom is this: Didn't Prior just have five full months off with complete rest?? So he throws about 150-300 pitches this spring over several days and all of a sudden he needs to be rested? Talk about fragile!!!!!!!!!

The devil in me is hoping it's season ending surgery just so I can go ahead and cut bait and send him to the WW. Obviously that's not what I'm hoping, but the frustration is at an all-time high and if surgery is required at least I won't be sucked into trying to keep him again for '07.
Gags Sports
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Wrong Forum!

Postby WebHamster » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:23 pm

This thread has been eaten by the Webhamster. This typically happens to solitary posts that move too far away from their own kind. Please repost your question or issue in the appropriate forum where it can dwell among the herd of similar threads and where the mods will bravely protect it from the mean rodents. And please ... do not feed the Webhamster! Thank you.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 762)

Return to Baseball Leftovers