Huff officially a 3B in 2006? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Huff officially a 3B in 2006?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Huff officially a 3B in 2006?

Postby Carey Saders » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:19 pm

james - phoenix: Did I miss soemthing? When did Gathright get a starting job. Is the Huff move back the 3rd offcial?

Kevin Rounce: According to the Tampa papers, Huff has been deemed the starting third baseman and will hit cleanup for the Rays. Baldelli is not quite ready to play the outfield and so will start the year as the DH. That leaves the center field job to Gathright.

Read this in today's ESPN fantasy chat, but I can't find any articles in the Tampa papers that confirm what Rounce said. Can anyone confirm about Huff?
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:20 pm

I don't have a link, however I am fairly certain Huff will b the 3B to start the season.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Huff officially a 3B in 2006?

Postby Thursday » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:29 pm

Carey Saders wrote:
james - phoenix: Did I miss soemthing? When did Gathright get a starting job. Is the Huff move back the 3rd offcial?

Kevin Rounce: According to the Tampa papers, Huff has been deemed the starting third baseman and will hit cleanup for the Rays. Baldelli is not quite ready to play the outfield and so will start the year as the DH. That leaves the center field job to Gathright.

Read this in today's ESPN fantasy chat, but I can't find any articles in the Tampa papers that confirm what Rounce said. Can anyone confirm about Huff?

Even more important is that Gathright has that all-important starting CF job!! Was this posted today?
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ironman » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:06 pm

So then the OF will be LF-Crawford, CF-Gathright, RF-Gomes with Baldelli at DH and Huff at 3B.

This makes sense. I couldn't imagine them starting Burroughs or Wigginton at 3B. :-o
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Re: Huff officially a 3B in 2006?

Postby Carey Saders » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:10 pm

Thursday wrote:
Carey Saders wrote:

Even more important is that Gathright has that all-important starting CF job!! Was this posted today?

Yes. This was from today's chat.
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby smith1051 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:28 pm

I think I officially have the entire TB team, lol

I've got Gomes, Baldelli, Lugo and just picked up Gathright in the hopes he keeps the job or is traded.
smith1051
College Coach
College Coach

Postby orange12 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:29 pm

Sweeeet... I desperately need Huff to requalify at 3B in my AL-only league. This way, I will NOT have to choose between Inge and Hill. :-P
orange12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DGroundhog » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:41 pm

Good to see Gatrhright get some PT. It may not last long, but if I can get some cheap steals early I'll take 'em.

I'd rather hear he got traded to a strong lineup where he leads off, but it's good enough news.

Huff has been having a decent spring, I suspect he will rebound from a subpar season. He's trade bait in one of leagues, but I haven't been able to swing a deal yet.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Smee » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:45 pm

There's no reason to pick up Huff before the All Star break. Check his splits. By that time, his owner will be fed up with him and you can get him cheap.
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Shadow of the Sun* » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:57 pm

Wait, so Gathright has the starting job? This is big news for me because I have both Gathright and Delmon Young.
Shadow of the Sun*
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates