Favorite Beers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Favorite Beers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:53 pm

Phatferd wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:
Phatferd wrote:Uggghhhh, I want to get drunk. Stupid girls.

What's stopping you? It's almost noon. ;-D

Have to work a 10 hour shift in about 2 hours. Makes me want to get even more drunk.

You're a college student now, Ferd. It's about time you acted like one.

Sorry to hear about your girl troubles.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:00 pm

Hahaha, I hear ya. I need to take ACS' advice. Don't try and have relationships at my age. Also, you shouldn't call a girl a liar, doesn't go over too well.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:51 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:I had a fair amount of Heifeweizen with orange slices last night. Good times indeed. :-)

What kind of Hefe's were you drinking? I love a good, unfiltered, yeasty wheat beer. I usually skip the orange slice though just because I want to taste the beer; unless it's Blue Moon. I got over it when I found out that Blue Moon is owned by Coors because sometimes it's the best beer a place has on tap and the orange slice really makes it worthwhile.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:59 pm

Phatferd wrote:Hahaha, I hear ya. I need to take ACS' advice. Don't try and have relationships at my age. Also, you shouldn't call a girl a liar, doesn't go over too well.

Yeah, especially if she is liar...

All this talk though convinced me to grab a beer. I have a
Merry Monks here from Weyerbacher, which by the way is probably the third best brewery in PA, behind only Troegs and Victory. If you ever get to pick one up, I recommend it.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:05 pm

Phatferd wrote:Hahaha, I hear ya. I need to take ACS' advice. Don't try and have relationships at my age. Also, you shouldn't call a girl a liar, doesn't go over too well.

That is good advice, but I would say instead- don't try to have a relationship with a girl unless you're absolutely crazy about her at your age. Don't settle for one minute. Dip your toes into the college dating pool. Or just jump in naked. B-)

Coppermine wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:I had a fair amount of Heifeweizen with orange slices last night. Good times indeed. :-)

What kind of Hefe's were you drinking? I love a good, unfiltered, yeasty wheat beer. I usually skip the orange slice though just because I want to taste the beer; unless it's Blue Moon. I got over it when I found out that Blue Moon is owned by Coors because sometimes it's the best beer a place has on tap and the orange slice really makes it worthwhile.

I think it was just plain old Hefe out of the tap.. it was yellow, sweet, and delicious. I don't squeeze the orange into it, I just eat it off the rind when I finish the beer. I'm going back to the same bar with my buddy again after work today for another round. :*)
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Coppermine » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Well, it has to come from some brewery... try to find out who brews it.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:03 pm

I have several "favorite" Bears.

First off, you've gotta love Singletary. The man was a freak and just scared the EDITED FOR LANGUAGE out of most offenses.

Then you've got Gayle Sayers - one of the most fluid and amazing runners I've ever seen. Truly a favorite.

Recently Brian Urlacher has begun to grow on me (despite his injury-plagued season a couple of years ago). The man has tons and tons of potential.

But of course, my favorite Bear of all time has to be Sweetness. The Greatest RB ever to wear a Bears uniform, and one of - if not THE - greatest RBs ever in the game. If he's not the best he's definitely in their company.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fireball Express » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:19 am

As I type this I am enjoying a Sam Adams White Ale.
So yummy I felt I needed to dig this thread up and tell you guys about it. ;-D

Also, last week I enjoyed Erdinger Optimizer. Potent juice, 7 or 8% alcohol.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:59 am

Fireball Express wrote:As I type this I am enjoying a Sam Adams White Ale.
So yummy I felt I needed to dig this thread up and tell you guys about it. ;-D

Also, last week I enjoyed Erdinger Optimizer. Potent juice, 7 or 8% alcohol.

White Ale is one of my favorite Sam Adams beers. Erdinger is a great import too, an often overlooked German beer.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RAmst23 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:28 am

Dang, didn't know this thread existed till today!! Anyway, suprised no one has mentioned any Bell's beers, or Goose Island. Goose Island Bourbon County Stout is simply a ridiculous beer, though not something I would want all the time. Bell's has several great beers, and both their Pale and Brown beers are very good.

Probably the beer I drink the most is Sierra Nevada Pale Ales. Very good to just relax with.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk