Favorite Beers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Favorite Beers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fireball Express » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:26 am

Today at Croxleys I tried a Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA.
It had a very overbearing citrus flavor to it. I don't recommend it as a beer to drink while just hanging out watching games. However I feel it would be a good beer to compliment a fish dinner.

Also enjoyed a Sammy Summer Ale and a Hoe (with my chicken pot pie dinner) today.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fireball Express » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:31 am

Lofunzo wrote:I'm simple. Amstel Lite for me. Tastes great and, for some reason, the bottle feels great on the lips. :-B

I just notice that the lables on the Amstel bottles are no longer paper. Now they are plastic. I always hate when a beer is in a cooler full of ice (which turns to water) making the lable side off and getting your hand all sticky.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:30 am

Fireball Express wrote:Today at Croxleys I tried a Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA.
It had a very overbearing citrus flavor to it. I don't recommend it as a beer to drink while just hanging out watching games. However I feel it would be a good beer to compliment a fish dinner.

I love the Dogfish Head beers, it may be one of my favorite craft breweries simply because of the crazy variety of their beers. Magic Hat is the same way, but I think Dogfish is better.

They make three distinct IPA's: 60 Minute, 90 Minute and 120 Minute. Those numbers refer to the ABV, 60 Minute is 6%, 90 is 9% and 120 is 12%. It is well established that the 90 Minute is the most superior of the three and is one of the top craft IPA's available in the US. I highly recommend it, although it is much harder to come by than it's 60 Minute cousin.

I wouldn't really recommend any IPA as a beer to just sit around a drink; they're relatively strong, very hoppy, somewhat bitter and have strong citrusy flavors. They're always perfect complements to a good meal though.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:19 am

Fireball Express wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I'm simple. Amstel Lite for me. Tastes great and, for some reason, the bottle feels great on the lips. :-B

I just notice that the lables on the Amstel bottles are no longer paper. Now they are plastic. I always hate when a beer is in a cooler full of ice (which turns to water) making the lable side off and getting your hand all sticky.

What are you doing with the cooler?? :-B :-D

I agree yet there are people that always peel their label off.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Spiegs1106 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:16 pm

I went to Athens and drank this beer called MYTHOS and I swear I saw mythical creatures.
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Coppermine » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:44 pm

I dug this thread back up to announce that I will be attending the Harrisburg Brewers Fest tomorrow. So excited. I'll let you guys know how awesome it is on Sunday.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk