Sites that allow for maximum pitching starts per week - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sites that allow for maximum pitching starts per week

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sites that allow for maximum pitching starts per week

Postby JohnBazzell » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:45 pm

Does anybody know of any websites that allow for a maximum number of pitching starts per week. Most all sites have a maximum number of innings pitched per season, but if you are playing head to head, somebody could just throw a ton of pitchers in one week and then not so many the next week. Example: I am playing a guy who doesn't have many closers so I just try to win ERA, WHIP and saves this week and don't throw any starters. The next week, I'm playing a guy who has a bunch of closers, so I throw 13 starters out there and get wins, k's, possibly ERA or Whip. What I'm looking to do is limit the amount of starts to 7 in a week. This keeps people from whoring the waiver wire to pick up loser pitchers to win K's and Wins. Anyone know of a site that will allow this league setting?
JohnBazzell
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby orange12 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:17 pm

In my experience no one will start a ton of pitchers in H2H because it doesn't work, plain and simple. In H2H, the ERA and WHIP already act as counterbalances to people who try to stack up on Ws and Ks. Usually in a 12 team league, a team would be lucky to have 4 pitchers they have no problems with starting every week. Any others would just be bargain pitchers who will kill their ERA and WHIP and not necessarily guarateeing that many more Ws.
orange12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

3 out of 5 ain't bad

Postby JohnBazzell » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:24 pm

If instead of picking 3 good starters, I pick 3 top closers, I can own at least 3 pitching categories out of 5 EVERY week. I win saves, I win K's and I win WINS. Maybe I might get lucky and win ERA and WHIP. All I have to do is scavenge the waiver wire and pick up 3 picthers a day.
JohnBazzell
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Ender » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:31 pm

orange12 wrote:In my experience no one will start a ton of pitchers in H2H because it doesn't work, plain and simple. In H2H, the ERA and WHIP already act as counterbalances to people who try to stack up on Ws and Ks. Usually in a 12 team league, a team would be lucky to have 4 pitchers they have no problems with starting every week. Any others would just be bargain pitchers who will kill their ERA and WHIP and not necessarily guarateeing that many more Ws.

I disagree, in H2H you start as many pitchers as you can. That gets you W's and K's and it also gives you an average ERA/WHIP. If your opponent has a good week you lose era/whip, if he has a bad week you win ERA/WHIP. Either way you win K/W's and are at worst even.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers