Chipper you just make me want to.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chipper you just make me want to....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chipper you just make me want to....

Postby Super GM » Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:54 pm

strangle you! Grounded into a double play and is 0/3 tonight. He is a combined 1/16 this week! :-P
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:02 pm

Ouch. 8-o The entire Braves offense is slumping right now. They will rebound in a big way.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jdh » Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:03 pm

I don't know how much the Braves offense will rebound. I think that they were playing way above their heads earlier in the season. (especially Giles, Furcal, Castilla and Lopez, and Sheffield was playing slightly over his head). They are just coming down to earth and probably aren't going to have a huge rebound.

Personally, I think the Braves are in a bit of trouble because their offense has already had the best part of its season and their pitching staff is below average. Maddux is not his usual self and is no longer a legitimate ace, Ortiz is their only solid pitcher and even he is a sacry guy constantly tetering on the edge of totally losing it with his control. Ramirez is a servicable but not great pitcher, and Hampton and Reynolds are just plain atrocious.

I would not be surprised to see the Phillies overtake the Braves in the standings and the Braves finally miss the playoffs.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:24 am

jdh wrote:Personally, I think the Braves are in a bit of trouble because their offense has already had the best part of its season and their pitching staff is below average. Maddux is not his usual self and is no longer a legitimate ace, Ortiz is their only solid pitcher and even he is a sacry guy constantly tetering on the edge of totally losing it with his control. Ramirez is a servicable but not great pitcher, and Hampton and Reynolds are just plain atrocious.

I would not be surprised to see the Phillies overtake the Braves in the standings and the Braves finally miss the playoffs.

Oh I'll agree, but I am pulling hard for FLA. And I found it interesting that MON was trying to add Jaun. Yeah ATL is in trouble..
Castilla and Lopez ?? they are playing out of there minds. No way that keeps up. Sheff is way overdue for the DL and Andruw has his his annual slump yet.

And that staff .. 8-o There only saving grace might be there bullpen. But, yeah I'll agree, the ATL is in trouble.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:25 am

I feel your pain SuperGM. I'm going through the same thing with Palmeiro here. And he's be K'ing too! :( I think he's gone something like 1 for 20?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Hingie » Sat Jul 05, 2003 7:25 am

I would personally like to thank chipper. I don't have him, someone else does, I go up in avg!!
"When I was a little boy, I wanted to be a baseball player and join the circus. With the Yankees, I've accomplised both."
Hingie
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers