Heh. That's incredible. Congrats.
Black Diamond League Commissioner
http://www.bdlbaseball.com
scotty5150
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shmolex » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:30 pm

and for the final update, I actually managed to win the league. I'm still in shock. I might try this again next year to see if it was just a fluke.
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jbauer2485 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:31 pm

No offense but it looks like your final lineup is completely different from the pathetic one you drafted, which means to me that your draft strategy didn't really work so well. Usually the most active players win their leagues and it looks like you made a lot of moves to get where you finished. You still won though, so good job.
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby shmolex » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:57 am

jbauer2485 wrote:No offense but it looks like your final lineup is completely different from the pathetic one you drafted, which means to me that your draft strategy didn't really work so well.

for the actual draft, no the strategy didn't work as I said in the first post when I labeled it a disaster.

But for an overall season strategy, I think I showed that you dont need to focus on drafting sluggers to win a league seeing as how Damon was my HR leader.
shmolex
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby fraquar » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:36 pm

shmolex wrote:...But for an overall season strategy, I think I showed that you dont need to focus on drafting sluggers to win a league seeing as how Damon was my HR leader.

The only thing you showed is that working the waiver wire and trading to get what you want pays dividends. It isn't like that league was setup where sluggers have the advantage anyway - so what did you prove by not having sluggers?

All but the Elite Sluggers absolutely kill the K's, 3B's and SB categories - which means its like them contributing to forfeiting THREE categories. Even in the 2B's category most sluggers take a hit - while they have power they usually lack the speed to post decent totals. If anything that league was setup to devalue sluggers and reward leadoff and tablesetter types.

In that format anyone with Adam Dunn anywhere within 10 feet of their roster was absolutely oblivious to the scoring system.
fraquar
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team