How can I improve?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How can I improve??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How can I improve??

Postby shappy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:24 pm

Ok i am in a 14 team yahoo 7x7 league with .SLG and .OBP as the extra hitting and k/9 and k/bb as the extra batting categories, my team looks like this

C: B. McCann
1B: C. Tracy
2B: C. Utley
3B: Mi. Cabrera
SS: F. Lopez
OF: Matsui
OF: J. Guillen
OF: A. Rowand
Util: J. Gathright

SP: Halladay
SP: Schmidt
SP: Beckett
SP: D. Davis
SP: Lieber
RP: Isringhausen
RP: Turnbow

Bench:C. Biggio
Bench:M. Lowell
Bench:Delmon Young
Bench:J. Washburn
Bench:Lu. Gonzalez

leave a link ill help you out
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ghod » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:00 am

I think you have a solid offense for a 14 team league. I think you might wanna put someone else at the utility spot though. I think you have decent speed in the lineup but maybe one more power hitter would help. You have a few really good starting pitchers in Halladay and I really think Beckett will have a great year with the sox. Davis is also expected to have a better year than last so hang on to him. Lieber won't do much for you, maybe consider trading one of your bench players or another hitter for a better pitcher. You have some solid relief pitching but I think you need to add one more decent reliever at least because Isringhausen is awesome and I like Turnbow but another solid RP will help. Overall you do have a pretty good team but consider some of my suggestions and good luck this year.
ghod
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ghod » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:03 am

I think you have a solid offense for a 14 team league. I think you might wanna put someone else at the utility spot though. I think you have decent speed in the lineup but maybe one more power hitter would help. You have a few really good starting pitchers in Halladay and I really think Beckett will have a great year with the sox. Davis is also expected to have a better year than last so hang on to him. Lieber won't do much for you, maybe consider trading one of your bench players or another hitter for a better pitcher. You have some solid relief pitching but I think you need to add one more decent reliever at least because Isringhausen is awesome and I like Turnbow but another solid RP will help. Overall you do have a pretty good team but consider some of my suggestions and good luck this year.

Check out my team and leave your thoughts:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=176214
ghod
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby login » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:36 am

Thanks for answering mine, I diagree with the poster above. I think it's your pitching staff that is solid for a 14 team league. I like your strategy of drafting some buy low guys (Guillen, McCann, Schmidt) to compensate for the size of the league. I also think, you're fine at RP cuz you can always pick up another closer during the season.

Your bats are ok but, there's room for improvement. That's probably why your bench is completely devoted to offense. I'd look to add a sleeper starter and an upgrade at 1B or SS. You're in pretty good shape.
login
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby jonesboyz » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:20 am

yeah your pitching is grerat and your htiing is good for a 14 team league.
You could propably improve in the 1b or maybe of position i think.
jonesboyz Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby zechs » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:59 am

Your roster as of now looks fairly balanced with all things in consideration. I think your only worry is J. Guillen's production when his health is already in question; be ready to sell high on him.
14tm.,H2H,8x8:
C-BMolina 1B-Votto 2B-Utley 3B-Youk SS-Furcal LF-JDamon CF-BJUpton
RF-ARios UT-DLee BN-Scutaro,CBlake,Schumaker DL-JReyes
SP-SBaker RP-ABailey P-Saito,Hawkins,JJohnson,Dempster,Danks,JShields,Garza
BN-Correia,JDuch,Rowland-Smith,JGarcia
zechs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MentalPowerHouse » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:44 am

Very nice 14 man team, great pitching and good offense.
MentalPowerHouse
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Coolest1 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:54 am

Looks good for 14 team league. The big thing is to make some key trades during the year and you'll win it all. Someone who comes out hot that normally isn't that productive probably won't keep it up all year. Try to get a top vet who isn't playing all that well for the hot player and look out. Last year I traded B Roberts for T Helton and smoked people.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=230774

-- A Vindicated White Sox Fan --
Coolest1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rin04 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:18 pm

Good allaround team. I just think your outfiled needs a little help. I dont like Guillen this year. But overall its a very balanced team.
Rin04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shappy » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:30 pm

any suggestions of what OF or 1B to go after??? or what players i should be willing to give up for those people at those positions???
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team