Work with anyone who killed someone today? Because I do - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Work with anyone who killed someone today? Because I do

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:35 pm

JTWood wrote:When I was a server at a suburban St. Louis restaurant, one of my fellow servers was arrested for murder. He was later convicted of murdering a two-year old by bashing its head into a toilet and tub; a child who was accidentally conceived by its mother during her very first sexual experience at the age of seventeen. The mother was a server at the restaurant, too.

And unlike other stories you hear about murderers, we always thought that guy was creepy. Too bad we were right...

:-/

:,-( that sucks
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stevethumb » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:22 am

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Your custodian friend is looking at time, no question about it. It'll be pretty tough to prove he needed to kill the other guy to protect his own life.
...we had a notorious case in portland maine a few years back...triple homicide and the defendant (sabato raia for those who want to google) claimed that it was self defense..the 3 dead guys were "bad guys" w/a reputation for violence .. they were well acquainted w/raia and threatened him publicly over bad business dealings... one night they had an altercation at a bar and raia and his girlfriend left and went home where they were followed by the 3 guys ..raia claiming he feared for his life and his gal's safety shot them all and claimed self defense .. the problem was one guy was shot while urinating in the bushes and another was shot in his car while trying to drive away and the 3rd was shot in the back..the jury acquitted raia
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby luckygehrig » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:58 am

Self defense is pretty tough to prove in murder cases. Most of the time self defense stops at a point way, way, way before someone gets shot to death. This kind of reminds me of a story (not sure why really) my Dad told me. He got a call to this apartment complex with an old guy saying that he had just killed someone. They got there and the guy was sitting outside drinking a beer. He didn't fight or anything. The story he gave was that one of his neighbors was a young female who kept having her boyfriend over. The boyfriend kept parking in the guys parking spot and the guy didn't appreciate it. He paid for that spot monthly, and even if he wasn't going to use it he wasn't going to let this rude kid use it. He told him to move it a couple of times and the kid cussed him out and ignored him. Then one day, the guy went back in, grabbed his shotgun, and killed him. He didn't care that much either because he was a terminal cancer patient and the worst that was going to happen was he would go to prison where the state would have to pay his medical bills. He got acquitted and never spent a day in jail.
Not really sure why your story reminded me of that, but it did. Keep us updated. Sounds like an interesting case.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Zito is God » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:58 am

He's looking at Man Slaughter 3 ( criminal negligence)assuming he can actually prove it was self defense. The sentence usually runs 3-6 years.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:01 am

The Mendiola Brothers...

These guys were freaking crazy. Their sisters played basketball for my high school (I'm not sure where they are, but I think they are playing professionally in Greece)

Anyways... these guys would come to all my sister's games her freshman year of high school and create a ruckus. I met them a couple times (my sister even went to Homecoming with one of them :-o )

Turns out 3 of the brothers murdered this guy in Idaho (of all places), but I think one of them took the blame and the other two brothers got off for free. Turns out they were huge drug dealers... One of their best clients was acs... that's what they told me a couple weeks ago at one of my hs basketball games...

Just search "Mendiola brothers" if you wish to find out more.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:37 am

JTWood wrote:
bigken117 wrote:
JTWood wrote:When I was a server at a suburban St. Louis restaurant, one of my fellow servers was arrested for murder. He was later convicted of murdering a two-year old by bashing its head into a toilet and tub; a child who was accidentally conceived by its mother during her very first sexual experience at the age of seventeen. The mother was a server at the restaurant, too.

And unlike other stories you hear about murderers, we always thought that guy was creepy. Too bad we were right...

:-/

I hope that guy is dead :-t I hate to see tax dollars being spent on meals for pieces of **** like that

The great state of Illinois did away with the death penalty. He's serving life.

Illinois is a bunch of weak stomached wimps. :-t

Texas rocks the death penalty! }:-)

:-b

Interesting story Nsulham. If in fact he can prove it was self defense, that's zero jail time. Otherwise, he could be put away for a long time.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk