sp-harden
rp-benitez
rp-orvella
p-hudson
p-cain
p-rodgers
bn-clemens
bn-morris

Thinking of droping Morris and Rodgers for D. Cabrera and Linebrink, and swisher for Zimmerrman or Duffy off the ww. Comments?? Leave link
wroclawredsox
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dyuen87 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:53 pm

I'm gona assume that your util- is Carlos Lee. You have a pretty good team. Your offense is solid up and down the line, If Clemens comes back, your staff is probably second to none. Gota love the possibility of Clemens/Halladay/Harden at the top of that rotation.

What I would do. If you're looking to make a move, I'd say use Hudson as the main focus of a package to get another closer, Benitez and Orvella are both low-tier closers, you should have a solid one. Also I'd try to get another bat in your lineup. If Edwin Encarnacion is availabe, pick him up, move Lee to your OF and use him as your Util. If not, try to trade for a mid-level bat, just to push you over the top. Neither of these are MUST-DOs, so if you want you can just ride with this team and expect a good season. Good luck. ;-D
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby wroclawredsox » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:18 pm

Sorry, its D.Lee, so offense even a little better.
wroclawredsox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chris8 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:38 am

This is a nice team ;-D

I would drop Rogers for Cabrera, but I don't really see the need to pick up Linebrink.

In a H2H league, MRs don't help that much - they may grab a vulture win or save, but you can't rely on it, and a week isn't long enough for them to affect ERA or WHIP.

As for Swisher/Duffy/Zimmerman, none of them will be in your lineup much anyway, so it's pretty much a wash. Of the three, I'd rather have Swisher, as Zimmerman won't give you much help apart from average.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby 123inningplz » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:06 pm

Agreed, pick up Cabrera for Clemens. Even if Clemens does play again, it won't be for a few months.

Also, I wouldn't pick up Linebrink unless Hoffman somehow hurts his shoulder this spring (which probably won't happen). Morris should have an OK year in San Francisco.

And keep Swisher. He's got the best power of the three.
123inningplz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team