What did you guys think of: The Hills Have Eyes and Saw II - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What did you guys think of: The Hills Have Eyes and Saw II

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What did you guys think of: The Hills Have Eyes and Saw II

Postby jmgchips » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:46 pm

The Hills Have Eyes: Anyone else see this movie and think it was horrible? I was hoping for a good thriller and instead it was just a horrible movie with no background, not a lot to the plot, and lots of blood. I didn't like this movie at all.

As for Saw II I thought it was probably the best movie I've seen so far. The plot was excellent and it keeps you guessing up until the end. Very well written and exciting from the beginning!

ANyone else have opinions?
jmgchips
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What did you guys think of: The Hills Have Eyes and Saw

Postby 3 run homer » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:17 pm

jmgchips wrote:The Hills Have Eyes: Anyone else see this movie and think it was horrible? I was hoping for a good thriller and instead it was just a horrible movie with no background, not a lot to the plot, and lots of blood. I didn't like this movie at all.

As for Saw II I thought it was probably the best movie I've seen so far. The plot was excellent and it keeps you guessing up until the end. Very well written and exciting from the beginning!

I haven't seen the remake of Hills, but I did just see the saw II. I thought it stunk. they ruined a perfectly good gore movie with some worthless plot and poor acting. then again this is my opinion. :-t :-t :-t
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Minor League Skilz » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:32 pm

I just watched Saw II and wasn't that impressed. It was pretty graphic and has tons of gore but the plot didn't impress me that much.

That first scene where the guy had to cut out his eye was hard to watch. Cut eyes freak me out. X-I
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jmgchips » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:27 pm

Hmm, I actually like how it was set up and the plot and stuff but like you said, just an opinion. and most of the scenes werent even that bad, like the first scen was gross but its not like he actually cut into his eye or anything, so it wasnt that bad.
jmgchips
College Coach
College Coach

Re: What did you guys think of: The Hills Have Eyes and Saw II

Postby josebach » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:37 pm

jmgchips wrote:The Hills Have Eyes: Anyone else see this movie and think it was horrible? I was hoping for a good thriller and instead it was just a horrible movie with no background, not a lot to the plot, and lots of blood. I didn't like this movie at all.

I thought the exact opposite. Saw 2 was mediocre at best and "The Hills Have Eyes" was exceptionally good for a horror movie.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jmgchips » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:40 pm

wow lol no one wants to agree with me, interesting
jmgchips
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Zito is God » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:49 am

I love Saw 1 and therefore was intrigued equally by Saw 2. I disagree that the acting was bad, I thought "Jigsaw"'s character is absolutely one of the best actors for horror movies. I liked everything except for two things:

They never explained how he caught the people and put them in the house

Since the girl is obviously going to be the villain for Saw 3, I don't think she will carry as great of a role (not even close imo) as the original jigsaw has.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:32 am

I loved Saw I and absolutely loved Saw II. I've been ready for Saw III since the credits rolled on Saw II. Bring it on! }:-)

Haven't seen Hills, so can't comment on that one.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby logan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:26 am

i enjoyed the hills have eyes myself. not as good as the original but what movie ever is. took a while to get going but once it did it was pretty cool. i am getting tired of the "bad guy gets up after the people think he is dead angle" but then thats the staple of every horror movie since friday and nightmare. haven't seen saw 2.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:15 pm

AFter seeing house of 1000 corpses I'm too scared to watch horror movies anymore
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk