Prior - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Prior

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Gags Sports » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:47 pm

d18Mike wrote:Rotoworld --- Following a visit to Dr. Lewis Yocum, Mark Prior's injury is being called a posterior shoulder strain. He'll undergo an MRI today to attempt to confirm the diagnosis.

Prior was supposed to undergo the MRI yesterday, but he had personal business to attend to in San Diego. The Cubs say they are encouraged by the initial diagnosis. "For me, I'm very pleased," trainer Mark O'Neal said. "There's extremely bad news that could've come out of it. This is a posterior shoulder strain, and we'll deal with it like you would a hamstring strain. Unfortunately, it's in the shoulder. For us, it's pretty good news." Obviously, there's still very good reason to be concerned. The Cubs' ability to understate injuries is becoming legendary. Mar. 16 - 2:11 pm et

According to this article, they're calling it a shoulder strain. Yet they still haven't seen the results of the MRI....which are due Saturday.
Gags Sports
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tal1286 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:45 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:
d18Mike wrote:Rotoworld --- Following a visit to Dr. Lewis Yocum, Mark Prior's injury is being called a posterior shoulder strain. He'll undergo an MRI today to attempt to confirm the diagnosis.

Prior was supposed to undergo the MRI yesterday, but he had personal business to attend to in San Diego. The Cubs say they are encouraged by the initial diagnosis. "For me, I'm very pleased," trainer Mark O'Neal said. "There's extremely bad news that could've come out of it. This is a posterior shoulder strain, and we'll deal with it like you would a hamstring strain. Unfortunately, it's in the shoulder. For us, it's pretty good news." Obviously, there's still very good reason to be concerned. The Cubs' ability to understate injuries is becoming legendary. Mar. 16 - 2:11 pm et
A huge sigh of relief.

I'm still nervous. Mostly cause i wasn't surprised when he was injured and I won't be surprised if it is some sort of tear. I'm praying it isn't though.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mutant_inFectd_Smurf » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:19 pm

Mutant_inFectd_Smurf
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby coachbob » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:02 pm

Anyone that owns Prior ought to be looking for someone who's not paying attention and try to get a trade. A posterior shoulder injury is a lot better than a rotator cuff but result could be months on the DL and a stint in the minors. It's also an injury that likes to come back.
[url=http://www.baseballdrills.info]Baseball Drills[/url]
coachbob
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates