Am I overreacting? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Am I overreacting?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby John Bonzo » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:53 pm

Since its a private yahoo league, the commissioner will have full waiver control once the draft is complete. All he needs to do is reverse the order after the draft...no big deal.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nikku88 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:22 pm

I see no problem here. You won last year, so you get last pick and last WW. That's how it should work. Why get upset over the WW position? It's basically useless, people waste it and what are the chances that someone gets called up who would end up being in your 5 keepers next year anyway...
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dyuen87 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:40 pm

Unlike most of the guys here, I wouldn't be content with the last waiver and last pick. You're keeping 5 players, so if everyone is competent the playing level should be even. Why should you get penalized just for accomplishing what you set out to do last year, win it all? I think it's pretty BS, you should get last waiver if you're the last pick. If this was a dynasty league, id say last pick and last waiver is fair because you won it, but 5 keepers basically levels out the playing field every year. I'd say tell your commish to follow regular waiver rules and make the league fair.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby brewcrew4you » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:57 pm

you won the league.

Why wouldn't you get last on the WW priority? You never explain where you think you should be... do you think it should be random? IMO, 1st place = last in draft, last in WW next year.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Steve-o » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:10 am

dyuen87 wrote:Unlike most of the guys here, I wouldn't be content with the last waiver and last pick. You're keeping 5 players, so if everyone is competent the playing level should be even. Why should you get penalized just for accomplishing what you set out to do last year, win it all? I think it's pretty BS, you should get last waiver if you're the last pick. If this was a dynasty league, id say last pick and last waiver is fair because you won it, but 5 keepers basically levels out the playing field every year. I'd say tell your commish to follow regular waiver rules and make the league fair.

Do you do it differently in your league? Do you follow one of the bid free agent systems (which I hear are better but have never done)?

Every keeper league I have been in does it that way. Draft and waiver priority is reverse order of finish of last season. I was under the impression that this is fairly standard. :-?
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thedude » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:47 am

As most people have said, the winner almost always gets the last pick and the worst WW. Not just fantasy leagues are set up this way, but this is also how MLB deals with the WW and the Drafts.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby tms298 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:50 am

I'm 99.9% sure the commish can edit waiver priority in a free yahoo league. Personally, I would let it go. If you've won a keeper the last couple years maybe they realize they need to handicap the winner a bit more than simply getting the last pick.
tms298
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby SoxAndTheCity » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:23 am

tms298 wrote:I'm 99.9% sure the commish can edit waiver priority in a free yahoo league. Personally, I would let it go. If you've won a keeper the last couple years maybe they realize they need to handicap the winner a bit more than simply getting the last pick.

+1

The commish can edit it.

Personally I agree that waiver priority is too big of a deal. I had the #1 waiver priority last year in my keeper league and waited all year to use it on King Felix...it didn't really have a huge impact on my team to be honest and now we are redrafting cause we lost a bunch of players.

!+)
SoxAndTheCity
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FantasyGURU802 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:32 am

Waiver priority is over rated... Just draft good and you should be fine...
[b]Member of the SGMKL[/b]
[b]THE FANTASY GURU[/b]
FantasyGURU802
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers