Am I overreacting? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Am I overreacting?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby noseeum » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:25 pm

chadlincoln wrote:Is it a Yahoo plus league? I'm thinking it is because your commish is already inserting your keepers ahead of time for the live draft. If it is a Yahoo plus league, then you have to be the last pick. It doesn't start off in the middle of the snake draft process whether it's an odd or even round. If you get put first pick in a Yahoo plus league where players have been put in before the draft, you will have first overall pick of the players that are left. We run our keeper on Yahoo and I always win too :-] and I always have 12th pick every year.

If it's not a Yahoo plus league, then you will have to moved like you're saying. Your commish doesn't have the ability to insert keepers in a regular Yahoo league. Also, through Yahoo you can edit waiver positions.

That's what I was going to say. Check if the commish can edit waiver positions.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:39 pm

Why would you rather have the #1 waiver priority over the 1st player off the board? Do a lot of you league mates drop star players or something?
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby seniorpaul » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:52 pm

I don't get the first pick. Having won the league last season, i get the #10 pick, and i have no problem with that. I'm listed in the first draft position, but the first 5 rounds are teams just re-picking their keepers. I'll have the #10 pick in the 6th round, which will be the first round of non-keeper players being drafted.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Jury » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:53 pm

josebach wrote:Why would you rather have the #1 waiver priority over the 1st player off the board? Do a lot of you league mates drop star players or something?

He has both the last pick and the lowest waiver priority.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dooz » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:05 pm

seniorpaul wrote:I don't get the first pick. Having won the league last season, i get the #10 pick, and i have no problem with that. I'm listed in the first draft position, but the first 5 rounds are teams just re-picking their keepers. I'll have the #10 pick in the 6th round, which will be the first round of non-keeper players being drafted.

is it a yahoo plus league?
dooz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby seniorpaul » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:11 pm

nope, just a standard free yahoo league.
seniorpaul
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:22 pm

seniorpaul wrote:nope, just a standard free yahoo league.
Then your commish can't put in keepers like you're saying he is. You'll have to make sure that everyone has their 5 keepers pre-ranked ahead of everyone else or you're going to have a HUGE mess on your hands. Have the commish adjust your waivers after the draft.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Matthias » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:36 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
seniorpaul wrote:nope, just a standard free yahoo league.
Then your commish can't put in keepers like you're saying he is. You'll have to make sure that everyone has their 5 keepers pre-ranked ahead of everyone else or you're going to have a HUGE mess on your hands. Have the commish adjust your waivers after the draft.

none of you are listening to him. his commissionser is not putting in his keepers. they're DRAFTING their keepers. which is why it's ending up the way it is.

to answer your question, though, yes, you're overreacting. severely. get over it.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Thursday » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:04 pm

I guess i don't see the problem. Suck it up and deal with it! You've won 2 years running now, why would this year be any different? If you're so good, put your skills to the test and overcome a little adversity, then you'll show those clowns who's boss.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dannahann » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:07 pm

I think you're overeacting. I actually went to my commish to argue the opposite. As the winner I didn't think it was fair that I'd get #1 priority just because we drafted keepers first. I had him change it so I'd be last pick AND last priority. IMO that's how it should be.
61*
70**73**762***
MVP****NL11,AL07,AL05,NL04,ALNL03,ALNL02,NL01,ALNL00,AL99,ALNL98,ALNL96 RIP Cammi
Cmon Bud, NOW is the time to sack up and force feed an Olympic style drug program down Fehr's fat throat. Save OUR game from these blatant cheaters!
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 39)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers