Rotoworld on Teixeira

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TurdFerguson » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:46 pm

Yoda wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Yoda wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
Yoda wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Beltran was a bust in '05. Tex was a letdown this year, but not a total bust. I'll begrudgingly take the .280 30 100, and look for .285 40 125 next year.

Beltran was injured in 05 so at least he had an excuse.

Also, Teixeira was taken 3rd, 4th overall and produced like an 8th rounder. That is a bust in my book.

Injury or not, Beltran was still a major bust. Worse than Teix this year. Drafted from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th OVERALL and performing like a waiver wire scrub made him a bust.

Teixiera a bust? Fine. I drafted him this year, and I'll do so again next year and with a smile on my face. Twenty one post ASB HR's, to go along with 105RBI's on the year with a week left is more than enough to select him again in 07.

Yep put a big smile on your face when you draft him in the first round again next year.
Yeah just write him off after one bad half of baseball

Am I writing him off how? Are you going to pick him in the first round next year?
I have him in a dynasty league, so it does not really matter.You make it sound like the guy couldnt return to first round material.People could reap the benefits of him next year taking a chane on him early.Thats what so great about risk/reward
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:40 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:
Yoda wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Yoda wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
Yoda wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Beltran was a bust in '05. Tex was a letdown this year, but not a total bust. I'll begrudgingly take the .280 30 100, and look for .285 40 125 next year.

Also, Teixeira was taken 3rd, 4th overall and produced like an 8th rounder. That is a bust in my book.

Injury or not, Beltran was still a major bust. Worse than Teix this year. Drafted from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th OVERALL and performing like a waiver wire scrub made him a bust.

Teixiera a bust? Fine. I drafted him this year, and I'll do so again next year and with a smile on my face. Twenty one post ASB HR's, to go along with 105RBI's on the year with a week left is more than enough to select him again in 07.

Yep put a big smile on your face when you draft him in the first round again next year.

Am I writing him off how? Are you going to pick him in the first round next year?
I have him in a dynasty league, so it does not really matter.You make it sound like the guy couldnt return to first round material.People could reap the benefits of him next year taking a chane on him early.Thats what so great about risk/reward

Yes he will be fine next year. He could rebound no question. I just wanted him to do bad to:

1. Prove a point
2. So I can steal him next year but now it doesn't look so good :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DirtyKash » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:08 am

2 HR so far tonight, both off Jered Weaver... He's back, baby, he's back.
DirtyKash
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DSheppard » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:15 am

9 hr at the all star break.

with a few games left he has 32 homeruns and 109 RBI.

despite all the people dissapointed, i doubt he makes it out of the 2nd round next year.

he wont in my leagues because ill take him.
DSheppard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cordscords » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:26 am

Chalk it up as a first half fluke people. Take Tex in the second and do a happy dance.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:16 am

He won't make it out of the second in any leagues. With each passing day this season looks less and less like a complete bust. Sure, I'd have liked 40HR's out of a top 5 pick, but can I really complain when the guy has 32HR's and 109RBI's? The fact that he is absolutely mashing in the second half makes this season a lot easier to digest.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby slomo007 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:33 am

pokerplaya wrote:He won't make it out of the second in any leagues. With each passing day this season looks less and less like a complete bust. Sure, I'd have liked 40HR's out of a top 5 pick, but can I really complain when the guy has 32HR's and 109RBI's? The fact that he is absolutely mashing in the second half makes this season a lot easier to digest.

I agree, I'm starting to think late first round might be his avg draft position. Damn it! (although I am enjoying the production) ;-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby TurdFerguson » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:33 am

Yoda wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Yoda wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Yoda wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Yes he will be fine next year. He could rebound no question. I just wanted him to do bad to:

1. Prove a point
2. So I can steal him next year but now it doesn't look so good :-D
I hope you accomplish what you set out to do ;-D
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby TB13 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:27 am

Tex has put up some fairly ludicrous #'s in the second half, to the tune of 23 homers & 60 rbi's. Short of Howard, I do not know another hitter who has been close.

BTW, can we finally dispense with the absurd theory that Tex is made by his ballpark. Last year, he has 13 homers & 56 rbi's away from home (26 homers & 112 rbi's, extrapolated). This year, he's got 20 homers & 61 rbi's away from home. I fully expect Tex to be a monster again next year. Now that the thouroughly ridiculous notion that he cannot hit on the road can be put to bed, Tex will put up numbers worthy of a first round pick next year.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:42 pm

Another HR. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers