100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rotoworld on Teixeira

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rotoworld on Teixeira

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:09 am

Rotoworld

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpage ... LB&id=3329

ark Teixeira went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts against Korea on Monday night and is 0-for-12 in the World Baseball Classic.
It's obvious that Team USA players are trying to win. Too bad manager Buck Martinez and everyone else who has influenced the roster, the lineups and the pitching decisions aren't doing the same. Derrek Lee obviously should be Team USA's first baseman based on his performance thus far. Teixeira, while he's certainly not this bad, shouldn't be on the roster at all, not when none of the games are being played in Arlington. Teixeira has hit .253/.334/.454 in road games in his career. Even last year, he was only at .270/.349/.459. Travis Hafner is the most obvious of at least a half dozen players who would have been better uses of roster spots. Hopefully, in 2009, a better understanding of park effects will lead to a superior U.S. roster in the WBC.

OWNED.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Buster Douglas » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:11 am

touche
Buster Douglas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:38 am

While I do agree that Teix is a very mediocre hitter on the road. I think his struggles show that the timing of this thing is terrible for the US team as a lot of the players simply are not in baseball playing form yet whereis almost all of the other teams are.

As for actually starting Teix, I'm sure he's under a lot of pressure to get everyone AB's since this is spring training for the US team. If he simply leaves a guy to rot on the bench he'll get an earful from that teams manager.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby tal1286 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:16 pm

Ender wrote:As for actually starting Teix, I'm sure he's under a lot of pressure to get everyone AB's since this is spring training for the US team. If he simply leaves a guy to rot on the bench he'll get an earful from that teams manager.

Another one of the long list of problems with the timing of this event. I'm all for the WBC, but November could be a better time. I dunno actually, the timing is probably an issue whenever you run it unless you get the MLB season to take a month long break, and that would cause problems here also, oh well.

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:43 pm

Yoda, you are to Teixeira what Yanks04 is to Helton, K Brown, Cashman, Wright, Weaver, Vazquez, Pavano, and Bonds.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:04 pm

you forgot Beltre, steroids, and contract years. ;-D
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thedude » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:13 pm

And A-rod.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:17 pm

slomo007 wrote:Yoda, you are to Teixeira what Yanks04 is to Helton, K Brown, Cashman, Wright, Weaver, Vazquez, Pavano, and Bonds.

Not true. I like Teixeira. I just don't think he is as good as other people think he is. And Rotoworld basically confirmed what I was thinking about him.

I thought it was funny how awful he's playing for the US when everyone is touting him as a top 5 pick. He's a slow starter and will get back on track at some point.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby tgalv » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:40 pm

12 friggin at bats. this WBC means almost nothing if guys suck during it. it's like 1 week in the season. people go on tears and slumps, especially this early in the season.
tgalv
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TurdFerguson » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:51 pm

Yoda wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Yoda, you are to Teixeira what Yanks04 is to Helton, K Brown, Cashman, Wright, Weaver, Vazquez, Pavano, and Bonds.

Not true. I like Teixeira. I just don't think he is as good as other people think he is. And Rotoworld basically confirmed what I was thinking about him.

I thought it was funny how awful he's playing for the US when everyone is touting him as a top 5 pick. He's a slow starter and will get back on track at some point.
The guy is freaking 25 yrs old.In a couple of years he will be a terror on the road and if the team gets better overall on the road his production will go threw the roof.He is easily a top 5 pick like the post above evryone goes through slumps
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers