question for REDSOX NATION - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

question for REDSOX NATION

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby MashinSpuds » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:00 pm

It's tough to call on Papelbon likes others are touting, given his experience. I would think that Francona would try to put Papelbon in stressful setup situations during the season to test his nerves. If he gets outs or doesn't allow too many inherited runs to score, I think Francona's confidence will increase. He'll leave Timlin in his comfortable role and go with Papelbon.

However, what if Papelbon falters? Then it might be Timlin for the short term until Hansen comes up. The Sox may not like Timlin as closer but hey, he gets the job done.

'Idiot', I think you should take your chances and try to acquire Papelbon just in case. I think Papelbon will do fine this year..
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ClarkAddison » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:04 pm

The injections Foulke is receiving are a fluid that mimics synovial fluid - the lubricant naturally produced in body. They are administered generally 3 times over a short period of time and last approximately a year.

Foulke is getting these in both knees - so the good news is these will not be continuous thing over the course of the season and they have shown to have clinical efficacy.

The bad news is Foulke would not be getting these injections unless he still was still experiencing pain from the meniscus repair surgery he underwent in both knees last year. These injections are not the "normal" post surgical treatment for meniscus repair.
ClarkAddison
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers