Interesting Keeper League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Interesting Keeper League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Interesting Keeper League

Postby ahizma » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:12 am

Hey guys, I recently became an expansion team for a 9-team keeper league, with a few stipulations:

-- There were two scoring changes to the standard 5x5 roto format: OPS has replaced BA, while K/9 has replaced K's.

-- It is a keeper league in the sense that everybody got to keep four players from their previous teams, two hitters and two pitchers. After everyone in the league specified their keepers, I picked mine, and then received first pick in the draft after that. In summary, this league will be pretty uphill for me.

After hearing of the scoring changes, I immediately thought one thing: closers. As most valuable SP were gone already, RP will dominate in ERA/WHIP/Kper9/SVs. My draft went like this:

Keepers
OF - Jason Bay
1B - Todd Helton
SP - Felix Rodriguez
RP - Brad Lidge

Draft (in round order, remember there were four "rounds" of keepers before this)
1 - Francisco Rodriguez, RP - LAA
2 - Derek Jeter, SS - NYY
3 - Billy Wagner, RP - NYM
4 - Scott Rolen, 3B - STL
5 - Andy Pettitte, SP - HOU
6 - Hank Blalock, 3B - TEX
7 - Ken Griffey, Jr., OF - CIN
8 - Francisco Cordero, RP - TEX
9 - Aubrey Huff, 1B/3B/OF - TB
10 - Ryan Freel, 2B/3B/OF - CIN
11 - Jorge Posada, C - NYY
12 - Jeremy Hermida, OF - FLA
13 - Francisco Liriano, SP - MIN
14 - JD Drew, OF - LAD
15 - Justin Morneau, 1B - MIN
16 - Robinson Cano, 2B - NYY
17 - Josh Willingham, C/OF - FLA
18 - Justin Duchscherer, RP - OAK
19 - Ryan Madson, SP/RP - PHI

Overall, what do you think I need to address? Do you think I'm well-advised in taking the RP "risk"? When evaluating, please keep in mind the rule changes regarding OPS and K/9.

I recently offered Blalock and Cordero for Delgado and C.Ray; I'm looking for more raw power and OPS. I plan on always-starting King Felix and Pettite, and spot-starting anyone else to make sure they don't mess up my ERA/WHIP. I think I did pretty well considering the hole I was placed in from the start.
ahizma
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sj2k » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:44 pm

First of all its felix hernandez, didn't catch on too it untill the king felix thing, but thats not a big deal. I think you got some solid keepers. even in a 4 team league I would keep bay and king felix, so those r solid keepers. The relievers you got were solid, and especially the ones you have are nice for the k/9. with griffey and drew you are testing the basesball gods, just be sure you have backups with you or picked out on the WW, Instead of duchscherer I would try to take A young (the sp, he is a safe start in every home game and most others, a big sleeper, if still there), B wow just forgot his name but angels reliever who ususally gets alot of wins, not last year though, but is in there when game is on the line. will update when I remember his name
sj2k
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Looks Pretty Good

Postby Remotethumb » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:55 pm

Pretty good. No wins. Watch the waiver wire and you should be okay with the "W's," pickup someone on a hot team. OF needs a little help. I also see no steals. Your team looks good, but in my 5 x 5 H2H I would probably already be down 4-0 (2 pts per cat) and would have to play catchup. Maybe keep an eye on a base stealer too. Guys like Chris Burke-not projected to do much but might be a super sleeper...just keep an eye out for speed. This has as much to do with the manager as the player (but you know this already) Overall I think your team is solid. Like mine, you gotta hope the young players come through. But don't we all?
Remotethumb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team